CHAPTER 30 ~ His Princess

Aiden scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest. And I broke.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks and eventually, they were caught by the fabric of his shirt.

"It's okay. You can let it go."

I pushed him away. "What are you doing? Weren't you angry with me? How can you sit here and comfort me while all I did was lie to you?"

He let out a sigh.

"You did so much more than lie to me."

I opened my mouth to react but he immediately stopped me.

"I let you say what you needed to say without interrupting. You owe it to me to repay that effort."

I was dumbfounded. I expected him to yell at me, or to storm out once I told him.

Sure, he told me he needed an explanation, but I never would have guessed he would stay here and would have tried to make me feel better.

"You did so much more than lie to me. You challenged me to no avail. I have never dated a woman that was so confident, strong-willed, independent, and intelligent as you. And Vi, let me tell you, those qualities are very sexy on their own. But combined? They make you a bombshell. You have no idea how hard it was to resist you that night you stepped into the bar asking for my phone to call your mom. Yes, you lied. And I still don't do well with lies. But I get now why you did it."

The tears in my eyes were still there, threatening to fall once again when Aiden lifted my chin with his finger, forcing me to look up to him.

Our eyes locked together and we sat there for a while, just looking in each other's eyes. I had no recollection of who made the first move, but soon our lips molded together.

The kiss was tender and soft, but the underlying passion was undeniable. I felt it through my entire body, pumping through my veins.

If it could only ease the burn in both of us. I capture his lips within my own, relishing over the different type of burn that blooms from our connected lips. He doesn't hesitant to kiss me back, its slow yet no less intense.

And that's something I didn't realize how much I've missed until now.

I nip at his bottom lip before sucking it into my mouth. His hands grip my waist in a tight hold, and for a moment, I think he almost pushes me away.

But then he breaks, his resolve shattering and he feasts on my lips. Tasting me like he's licking ice cream out of a cone.

My hands dive into his hair, exploring the soft strands as his own bless my body with the same honor, slipping beneath and roaming my curves.

His tongue battles against mine, creating a tornado of passion and a million pent-up emotions.

His locked hands feels heavy and suffocating on my body but when I try to wriggle loose, Aiden traps me further. I yank away from him and he follows, making escape futile when his lips are impossible to deny.

"Let me out", I gasp between a nip of his teeth.

"We're not taking it past this, snowflake", he declares with finality.

Snowflake, I don't know why I like this nickname soo much maybe its because Aiden gave me that and I'm used to it when only he calls me. It makes butterflies in my stomach and I blush.

Suddenly realizing what he told instead of focusing on the nickname, "I understand, I know all of these are too much for you to accept all in one day. I can't force you for anything, you can take your own time. And if you want to see me again, I'll me there"

From this, he stands nodding his head and turns back aiming for the door, but he doesn't make it tow steps before I'm snatching his hand and tugging him back.

He looks back at me, silent and confused.

"Just not tonight... I'm not leaving you in the middle of all your thoughts all alone. I want you to lay down with me"

He was silent without any word or expression from his mouth. So I lead him to my bedroom.

I peel back the covers, indicating for him to get in. It takes tremendous effort to look away from him as he kicks off his boots and climbs in next to me. He makes it a point to stay on top of the duvet, part of me resenting him a little for that.

I'm nervous. Its complete silence with all thoughts haunting my mind... Will Aiden forgive me? Will he accept me for what I'm? Will I be able to solve the problem of marriage?

From all thoughts hovering over my mind, I heard a voice calling me. It was Aiden of course.

"Listen to me, I know you are involved in thinking of what will happen, how you will make it. But just be calm and try to figure out the problems and their solutions for the company"

"I have got the problems and the solutions with the help of Arial, my PA. But what is needed is to explain the problems and where are they coming from, to board i.e to my father and grandmother. Explaining that I can try out the solutions too. But unfortunately its not that easy to make them understand"

Aiden stays a bit quite. "I'll think about this and maybe I can help you with that"

After listening this, a hope of light flickers in front of me. I smiled at him. Quite a natural smile that hope you can make it.

He doesn't deign me a verbal answer. Instead, he leans in and skates his lips across mine. I let him explore, our kiss much calmer.

The burn is a low sizzle, bubbling beneath the surface but depleted of oxygen to allow it to grow.

Sex isn't something either of us needs right out. He's not in the right mindset, and I don't know if I ever will be.

And eventually, we both layed with each other the whole night and slept between each other's arms.