CHAPTER 29

I didn't mind how fast I drove my car. I can't hear the other vehicles horns. My mind is with Cres. All I want is to fly this fucking car and get where she is.

Nagmamadali akong pumasok sa hotel na sinabi ni Cres. The reception eyed me but I was too occupied to pay her attention. My whole body is tense and I can't even think straight.

In front of the door, where she is. I opened it. My jaw thicked with the scenario. Unang hinanap ng mata ko si Cres. Nakaupo s'ya sa sulok, hawak ang dalawang tainga niya at tahimik na humihikbi.

My heart broke into pieces as I saw her. Nanginginig ang kamay niya at may mahinang binubulong.

“I killed him. I killed him.” She murmured repeatedly.

“Cres…” I kneel in front of her. She flinched when I held her wrist. Umangat ang tingin niya sa akin, tears falling from her eyes.

“B-Bryn…” She hugged me. I hugged her tightly.

“What happened?” I asked, caressing her back.

“I killed him,”

Tumingin ako sa lalaking ngayon lang nakita ng mga mata ko. He's only wearing a boxer brief, the bastard is fat and fair. There's a stab on her stomach. Not just once, but I can't count how many it is.

“Napatay ko s'ya, Bryn…” humikbi si Cres at mahigpit na yumakap sa akin. Warat ang damit niya at may iilang dugo. Her lips are bleeding and her hair is messy.

“What happened?” I gently pushed her away. Maingat at marahan. Her lips are trembling. Panic is written on her eyes.

“I killed him…”

“Baby… calm down.” Marahan ko hinaplos ang mukha niya. Matagal na tumingin sa akin. Her face softened and she tear up again.

“H-He… He tried to rape me.” I bit her lower lip. I clenched my jaw, trying to control myself. Tumingin ako sa lalaking wala ng buhay sa sahig, I glared at him.

“I fight… and I don't know what happened. I see red, my mind becomes blank. I just found myself above him, stabbing him without mercy.” She pants.

I pulled her and hugged her. She broke down in my arms. My heart hurts as I hear her cry with so much pain. Tears escaped from my eyes. For the second time, I failed to protect her again.

“Cres… Baby… Love… you didn't kill him.” Umangat ang tingin niya sa akin. I smiled at her, an assuring smile that I will swear to her that everything will be alright.

“Wala kang pinapatay. He attempted to rape you but I came,” I tell it slowly, trying to push it to her mind. She looked at me, clueless.

“I pulled him, punched him, and stabbed him. Until he die—”

“What are you saying?”

“Cres,” I held her cheeks firmly. Desperation conquered my mind. “He attempted to rape you but I came. I  stabbed him, and killed him.”

“Bryn—”

“Cres, listen. He.” Tumingin ako sa lalaking walang buhay. “He's a rapist. He tried to rape you, but I came. You're my girlfriend, I see red when he's forcing to kiss you. I killed him.”

Magaan akong ngumiti sa kaniya. Hinubad ko ang jacket na suot at pinatong ito sa balikat niya. I stood up, scanning the whole room. Kumuha ako ng tissue at agad na kinuha ang gunting na nababalot ng dugo sa sahig. Pinunasan ko to, trying to wipe off Cres fingerprints.

“What are you doing, Bryn!” she screams.

Kumuha pa ako ng maraming tissue. Pinupunasan ang lahat ng sulok ng kwarto, kung saan maaaring magkaroon ng fingerprint ni Cres.