CHAPTER - 5

AUTHOR’S POV

They both said shadiqua hung up and looked at Eshal and asked "Do you feel like sha is lying?" Definitely yes "Yes but I also feel like she would tell us once we meet, that must be the reason she planned this sleepover, so don't worry" shadiqua shrugged and said "if you say so".

Clock is ticking.

"WE NEED TO HURRY! LET'S GO!!!!!!!" They both yelled which made the whole park stare at them weirdly. They ran towards the exit of the park "Sha, here grab my phone And give my car key, I'll drive. " Shadiqua smirked and passed the car key while grabbing her phone. As they both got inside the car and fastened their seat belts. Eshal started to drive the car at fast pace,while dogging all vehicles carefully in order to not get in any type of accident, that's when notification sound goes off in eshal's phone indicating someone messaged her, Shadiqua checked her phone and said "It's Alisha, she sends some...- " Shadiqua stopped talking in midway which caused Eshal to took a glance at her direction shadiqua made weird face while staring at the phone screen "we'll buy them on the way is it pastry or chips?" Eshal asked shadiqua "It's none of them, she is such a healthy nut. The text is saying she needs some green, tell me what she is going to do with these greens." Shadiqua said lifelessly it's like she is in a dilemma which made Eshal confused even more, "Fine we'll both buy both. What you want and what she texted. Okay now?"

Suddenly shadiqua threw her arms around Eshal's neck and said "You are the best friend that every single person wanted." "Move away idiota I'm driving" Eshal said and pushed shadiqua away, shadiqua finally left her and sat in her seat. Eshal cleared her throat and said "I remember someone saying 'Life is not a bed of roses when you're there' " Eshal mimicked shadiqua to which shadiqua laughed.

After few minutes, they both arrive at shadiqua's mansion, shadiqua throwed a confused at Eshal " I'll take the car pick my belongs and come here to pick you up again, you better get ready fast" Eshal said in which shadiqua responded with a smile, she nodded her head and got off the car.

Eshal raced up her car while the whole surrounding filled with the vroom sound of the car, the car tires screeched against the road which gave her a strange happiness.

Are you satisfied enough idiota. NOW HURRY THE FUCK UP WE NEED TO ARRIVE THERE FAST.

Eshal chuckled and sped off the car, in a few seconds she reached home, it only took 1 street to cover the distance of shadiqua and eshal's mansion while it would take 5 minutes to drive to Alisha's place.

Eshal quickly parked the car and ran upstairs. She could hear her mother yelling at her to slow down but she paid no attention, she opened her door "Alexa turn on lights" Her bag is already filled with enough necessities she just came to take some books and....

"Panther where are you?" She called her cat but it didn't pay attention to her and sleeping in a bean bag without care in the world "PANTHER" she yelled and walked towards her cat which is still sleeping. "PANTHER day by day you're getting worse." She walked towards the bed where her bag was placed. "What about you Eshal are you getting any better, don't complain, the poor cat " Eshal's mom suddenly appeared at the door frame, eshal slowed her movement and zipped her bag "What's wrong with me? what is worse in me? "Eshal's mom ignored her words she noticed her bag and walked towards it "Are you going somewhere? " Eshal nodded her head and said "Our Assignment due date is near, we have to submit it tomorrow Shadiqua will help that's why...." Eshal couldn't complete her words, she got shocked after seeing her mother inspecting her bag.

What the heck, did she think we're drugging?!

"That's why..?" her mother asked after completed checking Eshal's bag" T- that's why we are having a sleepover at Alisha's place" She somehow finished her sentence without further shuttering.

Eshal's mother frowned and asked "are you taking panther along with you? " Eshal nodded and picked her bag as began to walk "Okay mom I'll go now Assalamu alaikum panther let's go panther" Her mother didn't reply nor did she waited. Panther followed Eshal as quicked her pace She could feel her mothers strong gaze but she shook her head and was about to grabbed the keys from coffee table.

Eshal wait up, no one in your family knows you can drive.

That's when she remembers her family doesn't knew she know how to drive. Alisha taught her how to drive. She quickly called shadiqua, shadiqua immediately answered the call and said,

Eshal your mom doesn't know-

Yeah! Just now I remembered that. You're just a street away, come here fast and pretend like you are the one who is driving to Alisha 's place.

Okay I'll be there.

Eshal hung up and waited for shadiqua. After 5 min she heard the door bell ringing she grabbed the keys left from there running.She checked if her mother is there but she's not there. So, They got in the car and drove fast.

Eshal i know you're disturbed but I'm not feeling well whenever things happen like this.

I know Esh, I too feel like something bad is about to happen. Let's leave it.

You can't push everything Eshal.

Nor can I think of everything until I pass out.

Eshal listen to m-

STOP IT ESH, I CAN'T OVERTHINK SIMPLE MATTERS. I don't want to cause anything to my health.

As you say.

Good.

"Eshal we need to buy some snacks and her so called greens so stop by some convenience store " shadiqua said Eshal hummed in response, after some minutes they stopped by a random store and they quickly made it inside the story "what do you wanna buy?" Eshal asked shadiqua, shadiqua made a thinking face and said "ramen, chips, chocolates. That's all, what do you want?" This time Eshal made a thinking face, Eshal i have an idea Eshal smirked but remained silent, shadiqua frowned and asked "Why are you looking at me like that?" "Like what?" Eshal asked but shadiqua's reply made her laugh out loud "Like that look you get when you have a bad idea." Eshal composed herself and said

"Let's give Alisha a mini heart attack"

~Amairaafu

__________________________________

Please vote and support 🖤 ✨