CHAPTER - 14

AUTHOR'S POV

“Ready?” Eshal asked them as she fastened her seat belt “Drive slower.” Alisha said to which she shrugged off, she raced the car and started to drive faster “you are not gonna listen right?!” “Nah bro ain't gonna.” she said, her eyes focused on the road. “Leave her Eshal drive faster, I can't control my excitement.” Shadiqua said her eyes gleamed in joy while clapping tiny. “Leave her?! Do you mean you are gonna push me off for this car?!” “I'll do it if you annoy me even more.” “The annoying saying itself I'm annoying, universal joke.” Alisha said her words dripping in sarcasm “Don't co-” Shadiqua tried to continue their bricking but Eshal cut her off by saying “Are you two gonna stop or I have to drive into a tree.” The elders closed their mouths shut after hearing her.

They reached school which was decorated beautifully for the event Alisha and Eshal were wearing formals, while Shadiqua remained in her uniform as she did not participate in work. “I'm kinda nervous.” Alisha said her hands were shaky. Shadiqua held her hands and assured “Nothing to be nervous you did great with your designs.” she said and dragged her inside.

Are you nervous Eshal? Huh nervous? me?

Of Course not.

That's my girl.

Eshal you followed them walking slowly while glancing at the view, everyone is their own world enjoying with their friends, having their snacks. Eshal didn't notice Shadiqua walking towards her with Alisha's arm still linked with her “Eshaaa, c'mon let's go show me your painting!” Without giving her a chance to speak she dragged her where participants drawings were arranged ‘ART Drawings’ that is what the place called “Where is your? where is yours?” She continuously chanted that like some sort of mantra dragging her friends in her arms “Here Sha.” Eshal said out of blue which made shadiqua abruptly stop Alisha almost falling.

“Wow Masha Allah.”
“Indeed Masha Allah.”

Eshal's lips curved up to a smile as she watched her friends admiring her painting. “Nice right?”

“Awesome!”
“Awesome.”

Shadiqua took her phone out and clicked some pictures along with Alisha and Eshal “Okay let's go and vote for others work.” Eshal said and started to walk off while glancing at other paintings, shadiqua chased her followed by Alisha and “we can vote?” Eshal stopped and faced her and asked her “Yeah, that's how they decide the winner. Do you have your id?” Shadiqua nodded her head furiously “You can vote by that.” but Shadiqua still seems to be confused so Eshal dragged her to the entrance and showed how to “here you go.”

Shadiqua smiled and suddenly gasped. Alisha threw her a weird look and asked “what now?” “I can vote for only one person then how do I vote for you?" The other two exchanged glances and sighed at her friend's Naive behavior. “It is a fashion runway, You can vote separately for that. Anyway it's about to begin.” Shadiqua sequel and ran with her tiny legs.

“How are we gonna survive around her?” Alisha, face palmed and questioned instead of giving her answer Eshal asked her a question “Imagine a day without her.” She thought for some time and answered sheepishly, “Boring.” the other one chuckled and said, “Then say 'How can we survive without her?'.” “By the way, why didn't you vote for yourself?” “Some artists need support too.” “I understand one point, I can never predict what's on Amaira's mind.” Eshal chuckled at her and nodded in agreement.

“Hey Broccoli when your designs will be shown.” Alisha side eyed her while Eshal laughed at them “Soon parrot.” “I'm not.” Shadiqua sulked and pushed her, however she wasn't gonna fall because they're standing among the crowd. “They are here.” Eshal and Shadiqua cheered loudly when Alisha's models appeared, Alisha smiled at them, “My broccoli did great.” Shadiqua exclaimed loudly and hugged, Eshal predicted her next move and changed position away from them. “Where are you running away Eshaaaa?” Alisha giggled and tried to catch Eshal.

They enjoyed the entire evening together, and had lunch with jules, they even watched their usual favorite sunset scene together in silence.

But for Esh she felt the silence like some sort of Silence before Storm.

~Amairaafu

______________________________