Chapter Five

Louis held Niall's elbow, following the alpha as he was guided to the gallery. Harry had finally finished having the space professionally cleaned, and it was time to start the move in process. Niall had already delivered most of Louis' paintings and ceramics. Now, Harry just needed to hang the paintings and discuss any next steps.

"Do you think this coat looks ridiculous on me?" Louis asked, wearing the coat Harry gave him nearly two weeks ago.

Niall glanced at Louis and held back laughter. "What is your definition of ridiculous? If we're talking about the coat itself, it's cute. If we're talking about it being ridiculously oversized..."

Louis laughed, throwing his head back. "I really like wearing his coat. It's a nice material and warm-"

"Right, has nothing to do with his scent being on it," Niall interrupted while smirking.

Louis' cheeks turned red and he gently hit Niall on the arm. "That is not it!" Louis exclaimed, clearly flustered.

Niall giggled and turned the corner with Louis, almost arriving to the gallery. "You two have been almost inseparable for the past two weeks. Why don't you just admit you like him?"

"Because he's my friend," Louis replied, his tone clipped. "He also doesn't want a mate."

Niall rolled his eyes. "Which I still find very odd." As the two walked closer to the gallery, Niall had news to share with Louis. "Lou, you know how I have been wanting to propose to Amelia?"

Louis abruptly stopped walking and gasped. "Oh my god..." Louis breathed out, his hands covering his mouth.

"I have a ring picked out and I'm planning to take her to Tintagel Castle this weekend," Niall said.

"Niall, oh my god!" Louis squealed and hugged his friend. "I am so happy for you guys. I know she has been wanting to be mated."

Niall hugged Louis back, thanking him for his support. Soon, Niall's facial expression became concerned. "I know you don't like to be home alone too long. It's just a weekend, but if you'd like, I wouldn't mind you inviting Taylor or Harry to keep you company."

Hearing Niall mention Harry made Louis so happy, as Niall was hesitant about the other alpha at first. Since Harry and Louis had been spending a lot of time together, Niall was able to meet him several times. It turned out the two had a lot in common, such as playing video games, watching football, and a similar sense of humor.

As they reached the gallery, Niall was immediately impressed with the location, as this was his first time viewing it. It was on the first level of the Styles hotel, and directly across the street from the university campus. Harry stood on the sidewalk, looking at his phone before hearing Niall call his name. Harry looked up and grinned at the two, walking over and bringing Louis into his embrace. "Lou, I missed you!" Harry exclaimed, happy to have the omega in his arms.

Not wanting to interrupt, Niall awkwardly waved at the two. "I'll see you later, Louis. Call me when you need me to pick you up."

"I'll give him a ride home," Harry offered. Niall nodded while smiling, accepting his offer.

Louis entered the gallery with Harry, trying to take in as much as he could. He could see that the room had cherry oak hardwood flooring, with bare, white walls. As Louis tried to look around, a rolling whiteboard entered his peripheral view. "What is that for?"

Harry perked up, excited Louis asked. Harry brought a marker out of his pocket, uncapping it. "It's our board! I thought it would be good to write everything we need to plan before opening."

Louis rolled his eyes and smirked. "Yes, because I can read so well."

Harry smiled and widened his eyes, taken aback at the omega's joke. "Okay, the whiteboard is more for me..." Harry walked up to the whiteboard, gesturing. "So far we need to set up your paintings and such, think about interior design, and hire someone, maybe a university student, to work at the register and answer questions."