Chapter Seven

The next morning, Harry cooked Louis pumpkin pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Louis sipped the latte Harry had also prepared, his eyes lighting up with excitement. "This coffee is so good," Louis raved. "It tastes just like the coffee shop we met at."

Harry nodded, grinning. "I use their coffee beans, and since I have my own espresso machine I can make it almost the same."

"And these pancakes are delicious," Louis complimented after finishing his last bite. "Were they from a box?"

Harry shook his head, collecting Louis' dirty dishes. "No, I made them from scratch."

"Is that something you normally do, make things from scratch?" Louis inquired. Everyday he found this alpha more and more interesting.

Harry nodded. "My mum is a chef. Growing up, she taught me a lot about cooking."

"And your sister, what does she do?" Louis asked. "Oh, she followed me on Instagram," Louis mentioned, barely remembering.

Harry chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Of course she would. She is a journalist and lives in the states right now."

"Oh wow, so far away," Louis said, surprised.

"It is. I miss her a lot," Harry acknowledged, a twinge of sadness in his tone. "I was very close to moving to the states rather than here."

"Oh my gosh," Louis gasped. "Well I'm glad you didn't go. Why would you want to?"

Harry shrugged. "To be honest, my breakup was messy and I wanted to be as far away from him as possible. But, I realized Zayn needed me here and I didn't want him to control my life like that."

Louis was a bit shocked Harry was suddenly opening up. The omega felt like any mention of Harry's past would usually be dismissed. Louis hesitated before prying, "Do you mind if I ask how?"

Harry sighed, knew they would come to this topic eventually. "I was not in love with him, and he didn't take it well. He harassed and followed my family and I everywhere. I had to move away, and eventually had to convince my mum too as well."

Louis' eyes became wide, scared for Harry. "So he stopped?"

"Um, I think?" Harry said doubtfully. "I haven't heard from him since I moved, so that's a good sign."

"Harry, you moved here maybe a month and a half ago. I don't think that's a very long time," Louis pointed out worriedly.

"I know how it sounds," Harry said. "He used to harass me all the time. This is the longest I have ever gone without hearing from him. To be honest, this is why I'm talking about it now. I no longer feel afraid of him because it's like he's gone."

Harry being afraid of someone was difficult to imagine. "If he harasses you, can't you go to the authorities?" Louis asked.

Harry shook his head. "I've never had concrete evidence, and he's an omega. They would not take me seriously," Harry admitted, sounding frustrated.

"Is this why you're hesitant to have a mate?" Louis asked carefully.

Harry remained quiet before replying, "Not really. Maybe some of it. But like I've said before, it's not something I've wanted." Before Louis could reply, Harry's phone rang. Relieved, the alpha excused himself from the table to accept the call. Louis took the opportunity to take his own earbuds and cellphone out. His phone read out loud:

"iMessage notification. Amelia: LOUIS!! HE PROPOSED."

"iMessage notification. Niall: She said yes :) how are things going over there?"