Chapter Six

Harry and Louis browsed through the grocery store together, arms linked with one another. Harry pushed the green shopping cart and Louis sighed contently, leaning his head on Harry's shoulder. "Thank you for taking me out."

Harry nestled his head against Louis', smiling. "We're already more than halfway through the list. Looks like we just need frozen pizza, blueberries, and milk. Are these groceries for your home or just the weekend stay?"

"The weekend stay. I didn't want to use too much of your stuff," Louis replied.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, stopping in his tracks with Louis. "I appreciate you being considerate, but that is something I would never want you to worry about. I have milk and blueberries at home, so we can cross those off."

Louis bit his lip, feeling nervous Harry was only saying that to be kind. "Can you lead me to the frozen pizza aisle?" Louis began to follow Harry, which ended up being a short walk. "Can you grab me a margherita pizza please? I don't care which brand it is."

Harry scanned the pizza selection, picking the one with the best ingredients. "Alright, love. I think that's all you had on your list."

Louis had been quiet during their grocery trip, lost in his thoughts. An item he had omitted from the list was suppressants. His heat was coming up in three weeks. Without an alpha to spend it with, his heat would be long and insufferable. His only solution would be to prevent his heat from happening entirely. "There's actually one more thing I need. Can you take me to the prescription aisle?" Louis requested.

"Um, Sure," Harry replied hesitantly. Whatever Louis needed from there was not his business, but he asked anyway. "Why, are you not feeling well?" The weather was getting colder, and the alpha worried about the omega.

"Erm, I'm okay," Louis said. "The reason is a little personal."

Harry stayed silent, not wanting to pry. When they reached the perscription area, Louis realized he needed Harry's eyes to locate the medication. "Uh," Louis said quietly. "Could you grab a box of the suppressants? Store brand is fine."

"Suppressants?" Harry choked out, shocked he was asking for them. Louis winced, feeling embarrassed. Harry took a deep breath before explaining, "I don't mean to come off as rude. I'm just shocked because suppressants are not good for you. They mask your scent, can make you ill, might even lead to fertility issues–"

"Why would you even care about fertility issues?" Louis snapped.

Harry paused, not liking the tone Louis spoke to him in. "I care about you," Harry said sharply. "Why do you need suppressants? I am just concerned about the side effects."

Louis hesitated before saying, "My heat is coming up soon, and if I spend it alone it will be painful and long." Harry stayed quiet, his expression blank. "Please, just grab them," Louis requested quietly, not understanding where Harry was coming from.

Harry glanced at the suppressants and spotted a box of allergy pills nearby. He knew it was terrible, but he selfishly grabbed the allergy pills instead.

"Thank you," Louis acknowledged after hearing Harry add the box in the shopping cart. Harry felt a pang of guilt, but offered a tight smile.

Louis linked his arm with Harry's again, and followed the taller man as he pushed the shopping cart. Once they reached the registers, Harry couldn't bear his guilt any longer. "Lou, I just realized I accidentally grabbed the wrong box," he confessed, only half true. "Can you sit here and wait? I'll go run and grab it." Harry gestured to a seating area in the store cafe. Once Louis nodded, Harry brought him to the chair before hurrying off with the allergy pills.