Chapter Twenty

"It's up," Harry announced, looking expectantly at his laptop. "Front page of the website, too!"

A gasp was heard from Louis and he was soon running to the kitchen table, where Harry was seated. He adjusted his view, attempting to see Harry's laptop screen. He wasn't able to read much, but he could see his picture and bolded letters. "Fuck, I wish I could see more," Louis grumbled.

Harry pulled Louis down to sit on his lap. He kissed his temple and mumbled, "It's alright, love. Let me turn on my voiceover and we can listen together."

Louis leaned against Harry's chest, nervously running his fingers together. "You said it was the front page?" He questioned.

"Yes," Harry replied while clicking around on his laptop. "Right under top stories. Gemma sent you the article before it was posted, right?"

Louis nodded. "Yes, but she didn't say it would be front page, quite the opposite in fact." Before Harry opened the article again, Louis took his phone out and listened to a text message Gemma had just sent.

"iMessage notification. Gemma: Lou! The article is posted. I didn't think it would be front page, but my boss loved your story! Thank you for letting me write this. Hope you love how it turned out."

Louis meant to message her back, but became distracted by Harry's laptop reading the article.

"The Artistic Journey of Louis Tomlinson, Blind Painter."

The article began covering Louis' start as an artist, which entailed him being involved in art classes and watching Bob Ross videos from a young age. He went over engaging with arts and crafts during his free time, rather than playing with toys or going outside.

He opened up about being diagnosed with Stargardt disease, which prompted him to go outside more, but still incorporate art. He recalled his first landscape portrait being a creek down in Doncaster by snow covered trees.

The topic transitioned into opening his gallery, and one part peaked Harry's interest.

"'My lovely boyfriend, Harry Styles, played a huge part in helping me open the gallery. He provided me the opportunity of opening the gallery in his hotel, and he really believes in my talent. Besides letting me have the space, he helped me arrange my gallery and our opening night. I could not have done it without him,' Louis reflected."

Harry's arms tightened around Louis and he nuzzled his head against his neck. They continued to listen to the article, where Louis mentioned possibly opening up another studio one day and his excitement for teaching at the University of Sheffield this semester.

Gemma provided links to purchase Louis' art and resources to learn more about Stargardt disease near the end of the article.

Harry began to cover Louis' cheek and neck with gentle kisses. "I am so proud of you," he praised. "You certainly don't owe me anything, but I love that you mentioned me."

Louis giggled while caressing Harry's face. "I know I don't owe you, but you're an important part of my story."

Harry beamed and declared, "We're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate."

-

Until it was time to get ready for dinner, the couple was detached from their phones for several hours. They watched a movie and spent time putting away Christmas decorations.

As their dinner reservation approached, Louis headed to the bedroom to get dressed. He furrowed his eyebrows when he heard his phone excessively vibrating. He assumed it was a phone call, but noticed the vibration sounded different. He patted around the bed until he touched his phone.