Chapter Eight

Two weeks after their weekend together, the art gallery was finally having its grand opening. Louis had ensured his artwork was properly displayed, staffing was prepared, and arranged a caterer for the evening. Harry had taken the responsibility of inviting guests, setting up their sale system, and arranged the layout just as Louis instructed. Louis was surprised at how much Harry helped, and even offered to pay him. Harry denied this offer, insisting they make a great team and he enjoys helping.

"I'm so nervous," Louis confessed, getting ready with Harry in one of the Styles hotel rooms. "My mum is going to be here. What if no one else comes?" Louis had been anxious during the days leading up to the event. This gallery was a dream of his, and everything needed to go perfectly.

"That won't happen," Harry stated matter-of- factly. "I invited many contacts of mine, advertised it in the hotel, and social media. I think we should expect a couple hundred people."

"What if they don't like my art? Or the gallery in general?" Louis asked, full of worry. At this point, his mind was going over all the wrong scenarios for the event.

Harry hushed the omega and brought him into a hug. "Lou, you are worrying about this way too much. Please try to enjoy yourself and think about what you've accomplished."  Harry pulled away from the omega and poured two glasses of white wine, handing one to Louis. "Here, love."

Louis sighed before accepting the glass, taking a small sip. "I know. I can't help but worry because I've worked so hard and I want it to all work out." Louis took one more sip before mentioning, "By the way, you're going to meet my mum."

Harry raised his eyebrows, forgetting about that until this conversation. He had been so busy helping Louis with everything, her attendance slipped his mind. "I'm excited to meet her. How long is she staying?"

"Just one day," Louis said. "She goes back to Southampton tomorrow. My stepdad has some event she needs to be back for."

"Do you like your stepdad?" Harry asked, curious as Louis never mentions him.

Louis shrugged and thought about the question before replying, "He's okay, we're not very close."  Louis turned to Harry, finished buttoning up his long sleeve. "Do I look alright?"

"You look absolutely beautiful," Harry replied. "I'm going to fix your collar though," he said while adjusting the collar on Louis' white button up.

Louis blushed, feeling like Harry's face was close to his. "My heat is in five days," Louis mentioned. "Should we close to gallery during that time?"

Harry shook his head. "We have enough staff, and Zayn agreed to help oversee it during the days we're gone."

"Zayn is too nice," Louis said. "I have to do something nice for him, because he already has a lot of other responsibilities."

Harry remained quiet, thinking about the argument him and Zayn had recently. Zayn did not happily agree to help with the gallery. The beta was livid Harry was helping Louis with a heat, thinking someone was going to get their feelings hurt. After yelling at each other for nearly a half hour, Zayn reluctantly agreed to oversee the gallery, realizing he would never get through to Harry.

-

Hours later, Louis realized Harry was right. There was nothing to worry about. Nearly four hundred people showed up to the grand opening, which was a huge accomplishment, considering the gallery was not very large and the art belonged solely to Louis. Thankfully, the university students and caterers they hired were able to attend to everyone.

Most guests were fascinated by Louis' display showing the progression of losing his vision. Many were pleased to know they could buy prints of Louis' paintings, and personally expressed their appreciation about his art to him. Nearly all of his ceramic inventory sold, which he added into his mental list to create more. As the closing time approached, Louis gave a speech. His speech covered his art journey, losing his sight, thanking guests for attending, and thanking Harry. Louis hated speaking publicly and felt instant relief when it was over.