Chapter Three

After some convincing from Niall, Louis met Harry at the steak restaurant. Harry originally wanted to pick Louis up from his apartment and drive him. However, Niall was adamant the alpha shouldn't know where they live until Louis is positive he's safe. Louis spent an hour getting ready, with the help of Amelia picking out his outfit. He didn't want to overdress, but he didn't want to be too casual. The omega ended up wearing black and green plaid pants, a black crewneck sweater, and black loafers.

Niall and Amelia entered the restaurant minutes before Louis, wanting to appear as a separate party. Once Louis entered, Harry was waiting for him near the hostess area. Harry beamed, so excited to have a night out with the lovely omega. "Louis, you look gorgeous," Harry said and brings the omega in for a hug.

Louis blushed, hugging Harry back. "Thank you. I bet you look handsome!" Louis knew Harry was usually handsome. Despite having no central vision, he often caught glimpses of Harry in his peripheral view. Unfortunately, the restaurant was dimly lit, making a peripheral view of Harry difficult to see.

Louis felt Harry stiffen in his arms, which confused the omega. Harry smiled tightly at Louis, lacing their fingers together. "Let's go to our table." Louis followed Harry to their table, hoping they wouldn't be directly next to Niall. He doubted Niall's ability to go unnoticed by Harry. Thankfully, when they arrived at their table, Louis didn't recognize Niall's scent anywhere. After they took their seats, Harry interrupts Louis' thoughts. "You smell like another alpha."

"Oh?" The comment startled Louis. He didn't usually hang out with other alphas, which made him forget he would carry Niall's scent sometimes. "Yes, that must be my best friend. He's an alpha and my roommate," Louis explains.

Harry raised his eyebrows, beginning to feel jealousy creep in. "You live with another alpha?" Harry gripped the table, trying to not let anger or jealousy linger through his voice.

Louis shifted a little in his seat, feeling nervous. "Yes, he's been my best friend since I was little. He's straight and has a girlfriend. I promise there is nothing between us." Louis sighs before pointing out, "Besides, aren't we two friends out at dinner? I would be allowed to be seeing another alpha."

The mere mention of Louis even being romantic with another alpha filled Harry with rage. Still, he pushed the feelings aside, not wanting to scare Louis. Harry loosened his grip on the table, realizing Louis is right. "True, but I don't want to get myself into any trouble."

"No trouble here," Louis giggled. "Be honest with me, did you know you were meeting with me earlier today?"

"No, not at all," Harry replied quickly. "I was pleasantly surprised. Were you surprised to see me?"

Louis bit his lip before saying, "Honestly, no. I have to admit something." Harry leaned in, waiting for Louis to continue. "My friend decided to look you up and told me you're the owner of Styles hotels," Louis confessed. "But I promise I had this meeting scheduled with Zayn before I knew who you even were."

"This is the alpha?" Harry questioned. Louis nodded and Harry noted, "Well he's protective. That's nice you're taken care of when I'm not around."

Louis giggled. "Yes, he's protective more than you even know." Conveniently Niall was across the room, pretending to view a menu while looking at Harry and Louis. "So you own a hotel. What's that like?"

"Well, I inherited it from my father. I always knew I would inherit the chain, so I went to university for hotel management. Luckily, I was able to shadow and work under him before taking over." Harry's story was interrupted momentarily by the waitress arriving to their table asking about beverages. Harry quickly asked Louis if he liked champagne, and then ordered a bottle without batting an eye. "Anyways, I became an owner sooner than I thought, because he passed away nearly five years ago."