Chapter 1: Hospital

(Jacob's P.O.V)

Daisy had been in the hospital for over three days. There had been no change in her condition; she was asleep and wouldn't wake up. She would only call peoples names.

My name would come up a few times but mostly she spoke of another. Her Father was so upset that he couldn't bare to see her. Hers step-mother didn't care.

Her ginger hair was brushed everyday and she was bathed as well. I had these request put in and soon my Father demanded that she get the best treatment.

Sam kept Clover away from the hospital; we let her visit once and she almost broke down when she saw Daisy hooked up to an IV.

I stayed by her side and rarely left. My Father insists that I go back to my works and to try to get my mind off her but I couldn't.

I picked her for a reason. I had seen her at school. The way she carried herself as if she were lost and scared but still independent and strong and her voice was just so beautiful.

Her words could carry across the room and everyone would go silent. I could hear heart beats but hers stood out the most and that is what drew me to her.

Then the more I studied her the more I wanted her. Finally I asked Father if he could get her dad to let us date.

Then before I knew what was going on Father came home drunk and laughing but when he saw me I think he sobered up because he said, "I found the girls Father. You aren't going to date her... you're going to marry her."

I was so shocked I didn't know what was happening then everything flew by and she was sleeping next to me. Then this Wesley guy comes and starts to ruin everything.

"Jacob don't you think you should go home and rest," Sam asks and I look up at him. My younger brother is telling me what to do; go figure.

"No. I have to be here for her," I sigh and look back at her. Her perfect high boned cheeks and long black eyelashes.

Her rose pink lips and creamy pale skin. The hospital bed washed her out and made her look whiter than she is and the hospital gown was huge on her.

The room had blue wall paper that would haunt me every time I came here and the tile floor made clicking sounds of others shoes. I hated that Father wouldn't move her to a private room. He said that she needed to be around people.

She isn't awake! She isn't moving! She isn't even opening her eyes. I had wanted to shout at him but resisted.

"Jacob you can't stay here everyday," Sam reasons and I glare at him. "I don't need you to boss me around," I snap and his face grows angry.

"Look jacka** I'm trying to help you! Staying here with her isn't going to change anything just make you depressed," he snares and I sigh.

"I should've been listening. I should've been watching. I should've answered the door but I was too busy beating up the guy that was trying to save her," I mutter.

I put my head into my hands and try to control my anger.

Then someone taps on the door and Sam lets the person in. I lift my head up to see Wesley the boy with gray eyes.

"Hey," I say and he glances at me before producing flowers. They are Lilies.

"Hi," he grumbles and then sets the flowers by her bed side and brushes her cheek. "You know I pushed her in a fountain," he sighs and I look at him. "You did what," I ask and he chuckles.

"She threw a dirty tissue at me and so I pushed her into a fountain," he explains.

"Why the heck would you do that," Sam asks holding back a laugh. "She said she wasn't sorry," he shrugs.

"So you push my fiancé into a fountain! When did this happen," I ask trying to keep my voice low.

"The day she picked out her wedding dress. It's beautiful by the way. She has good taste," he says and I stand up ready to beat him until he bleeds.

Sam jumps in front of me and shakes his head.

"Why do you know that," I ask and he glances at me.

"Relax I was not stalking her. My sister work in Bella's Bride Choice and my mother owns it," he says and then looks at Daisy again.

"Wait you- you're rich. Why are you acting like a servant boy," I ask and he chuckles again.

"Fun mostly. I'm twenty and I want to do more than just run fashion. I run my own company now and was looking for an intern. She is perfect but I wanted to know more about her," he says and then walks away from her bed.

"Intern? That's all you wanted," I ask with disbelief. "Yes. I am already married. My wife's name is Yasmin. I'll have her meet you sometime," he sighs and then turns to me and Sam.

"When she wakes tell me. I want to ask her if she'll accept the job. Oh and by the way... I know what you are," he smiles and then he leaves the room.

Sam glances at me and then to Daisy. "He doesn't actually know right. You guys are both business men but like he can't actually know," Sam asks and I blink a few times trying to process his words.

"He must have been joking or playing a trick," I say automatically and then I grab Wesley's flowers and toss them into the trash.

"You will not tell him when she wakes. She will not accept that job if she doesn't know about it," I declare and then I grab Sam and leave the hospital. I don't come back until I get a call saying that she has finally woken up. It took her three weeks.

I did not visit for two and a half weeks. I didn't allow Sam to visit or her parents and sister. No one was allowed to see her except me and I wasn't going to visit.