Chapter 12: On the Edge.

(Jacob's P.O.V)

I watch her twist in agony as her bones break and mold into new forms.

"Daisy, please hold on," I beg.

I hear the others begin to surround the forest.

"STAY BACK!" I snare and they don't dare come closer.

"Jacob, it is almost complete; her body must accept it or she will die," Father says.

Die? I couldn't let her die. I wanted to scream at her that she needed to be brave and strong.

I crouch down towards her, "you must accept the change Daisy, please my flower."

I couldn't bring myself to tell her that she might die because of this. That because her transition is so late she might not make it.

"Everyone shift, I want her to be greeted in your wolf form. Wolves within us, please comply," I order. My voice is strong, echoing through the forest.

^I'm not shifting for her. She hasn't accepted me! I won't comply^

Everyone begin to shift. I can feel it in the air, everyone but Father.

"Why haven't you shifted you Jacob," Father asks.

"My wolf, he refuses to comply. He won't let me," I say.

"Our wolves don't control us, they are a part of us that helps make decisions but they don't tell us when to shift," Father says softly.

"You are going to put her through the trials aren't you," I ask.

"It wasn't my wish, but I must. The moment you let her know about you was the moment you lost authority over her," he sighs.

"How so," I ask.

"She isn't just choosing you anymore, she's choosing the pack. If she wishes to be a part of it then she must complete the trials," he explains.

"If she fails," I growl.

"Don't growl at me, son or not I am still the Alpha," he roars.

I bare my teeth at him.

"If she FAILS?"

"You must marry Eleanor, you're original chosen bride," he sighs.

"I refuse her, she isn't my mate," I snap.

"You haven't been marked, a little thing you should've done when you had the chance," he laughs.

Then I shift, I'm roaring when I shift and so is my Father. His brown coat reflecting in the moonlight, he is only a few inches taller than me and I'm catching up to him fast.

My black coat helps me blend with the darkness surrounding me. I sense others around me.

I block out their thoughts, and glare at my Father. His gaze has turned to a white wolf standing in front of us baring her teeth at him.

My wolf jumps with excitement.

^She did it^

Father roars at her, but she doesn't back down. She doesn't even crouch in submission.

^Daisy, back down. It's alright^

Her wolf turns her attention to me and she submits to me. Her wolf is beautiful.

Her coat pure white, her nose a rose pink, and her ears seemed like they were soft.

Her eyes held in her emotion.