Chapter Five

ADELINA

"You two, get out. I need to speak to my bride alone". And he smirked.

Lucia and Sarai hurried out of the room and the door was shut closed after they left. I squinted my eyes, wondering why he was there. And that, in my room.

I thought they said it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. Maybe this law doesn't apply to the mafia.

"You look stunning my love". He started, but I stood where I was, not saying anything.

He walked like a cat in the jungle looking all handsome. But, I know better. He can't fool me.

He stopped right in front of me, and I was shocked when his hand pulled my waist to him. He sniffed my hair and spoke.

"You smell nice my love". And he pulled away from me and I exhaled.

"Now that I've seen my bride-to-be, I am good. Come, it's time. It won't be nice to keep people waiting ". He forwarded his hand for me to take.

"What are you doing?". I asked.

"I want to walk down the aisle with you". He replied scowling.

"That is not how it works. My father will walk with me. You are supposed to be waiting for me ". I scoffed.

"Well, I know that. But, this is our wedding. And this is how I want it. You have no say in it". He said.

"Then, I refuse to marry you. You don't own me, Carlos ". I spat.

"You know, I want to believe you didn't say that my love. Like I said. You don't have a say in it. You will obey me and do whatever I want or else?". He threatened.

"What will you do? Kill me? Please do because it is better to die than to be married to you". I glared at him.

He stepped closer, and his fist held onto my chin tightly, and his beautiful eyes were glaring at me.

"Now listen my love. The next time you talk about dying. I will kill one member of your family. And also, if you defy me, and you do not do exactly what I asked you to do. I will kill that cousin's boyfriend of yours. And, I won't stop there. I will continue to hurt all the people that matter to you".

Then he let go and adjusted his white tuxedo.

"Now, my love. Do you understand?". He asked while I was panting looking scared.

"Yes". I replied.

"Yes, what?". He raised his brows,

And right there. I know I am about to marry a devil. God help my soul.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before I replied.

"Yes, I understand".

He forwarded his hand again, and this time. I took his hand and we both walked out of the room.

<<<<<

The few people who were in attendance were my family. His family members and some of his friends. My friends and a few people I don't know. With some of his men.

They were all standing as we walked down the aisle.

The priest from our Church will be joining us together. How hilarious this gets. He was the same priest who was supposed to join Abel and I together.

We climbed the stage and there he let go of my hand.

The wedding started and we said our vows. I only read out what was given to me. And when it was my time to say I do. I just said it.

"I do". And that was it.

"By the power invested in me. I pronounce you Man and Wife. You may kiss the bride".

The last sentence made my heart pound in my chest. What? Can someone take me away?

I felt his hands on my body and his lips on mine. His lips were so soft and I gave in. I felt goosebumps on my skin as he touched me skillfully. Then he let go and the hall was so loud with people clapping and cheering for us.

He swept me off my feet as he carried me bridal style and walked out of the hall. My hands hung on his neck, and my eyes were on him, looking at him as he was on mine.

<<<<<

I stepped into the Santiago's Mansion. It was late already so, I couldn't go around to see the beauty of the mansion. And the fact that I was so tired from the activities at the reception.

Carlos made me interact with almost all his guests. Although, they are good people. He introduced me to another handsome man. More handsome than him. I was meant to know that he's the King of Mafia. They said he rules Italy.

Two maids welcomed me into the mansion.

"Welcome, madam. My name is Gloriana, and this is Camella. We've been assigned to serve you. Come, let me show you your room". She said.

There was something weird about the other maid. She didn't say anything to me. Although she smiled a bit, I could see past her facade.

"Thank you Gloriana. It is good to know you two. Please, take me to my room. I am so tired". I said to her.

"Very well ma'am. Please, Follow us". And they turned and started climbing upstairs. So I followed behind them.

The hallway was long. It has a super lighting. The enormous chandeliers that are mounted on the ceilings give a kind of warm and bright light that illuminates the hallway.

As we walked, I saw picture frames mounted on the wall. I couldn't stop to check the pictures well, but I would take my time to do that when I am well settled. Although, I don't intend to stay here for long. I must find a way to run away from here.

At the end of the hallway was a big door. Carmella opened it and there was another small hallway which had only two doors to it.

One of the doors was opened and I was stunned. The room was enormous. It lacks colours. A king-size bed was in the middle of the room. However, the bed headboard was resting on a wall, and there were two nightstands beside the bed.

"Ma'am. This is your room. I can bring you food if you are hungry"

"I am fine. Thank you". And they left.

I quickly started undressing myself so I could freshen up. Immediately I was able to discard every single clothes on my body. I felt goosebumps all over my body, I turned around and I couldn't believe my eyes. Carlos was there looking at me.