Chapter 9

The next day I woke up to Josephine's alarm going off on her nightstand.

I quickly got out of bed and picked my clothes out for the day.

"So are you ever going to tell me what happened last night?" Josephine said as she slipped out of bed and yawned.

"I'm still too tired to talk about it," I said.

"How much more time do you need? You literally got eight hours of sleep last night." She pouted.

I was about to enter the bathroom when I stopped and turned to face her. "Did you tell Zack that I liked crazy guys?"

When she wouldn't look at me I knew the answer.

"Did you know that he was going to take me to his house and that there was no party?"

"Okay, don't be mad at Zack. He checked with me first to see if you'd be okay with it. He wanted to know how badly you would react so I told him to go for it, but after I made him confess to liking you and made him promise he would ask you out for real once he told you the truth."

"You're both insane," I said in disbelief.

"He did say he was crazy for coming up with this idea and that's when I told him you like crazy guys."

"You're unbelievable."

"I don't see the problem here. You both like each other, so why are you fussing?"

"Because he lied, Josephine. It takes one lie to expose a true liar."

"Zack is a good guy, Melody. I would never let him hurt you."

"For your information we're officially dating so you better be right about him." I said finally going in the bathroom and closing the door before she could reply.

***

"How long is this line?" I asked looking in front of me at the long line.

We were at Disney World and it wasn't crowded like it was the past couple of summers we've been here, but we still had to wait in long lines for everything.

"It's the Haunted House, so I'm not surprised that the line is long." Josephine said standing next to me.

Josephine's parents were going on this new ride with Aizen's sister so it was just Josephine,  Aizen and me doing the Haunted House.

"Do you just want to go wait in line for something else?" Aizen said looking at Josephine.

Ever since Josephine's parents asked me who I was messaging this morning and Josephine blurted out that I was dating Zack, Aizen has been avoiding making eye contact with me the whole morning and afternoon.

"No, this is my favorite thing to do here. I'm not going anywhere." I said looking directly at him and daring him to look at me.

"And who asked you?" Aizen gave me a dirty look. That was the first time he's spoken to me since our conversation on the stairs.

"I was just saying that I like the haunted house and wanted to wait here."

"Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be spending time with your boyfriend?"

"Aizen, don't be rude. You two got along great last summer. Let's make this another great summer, yeah?"

I looked at Aizen and he was glaring at the ground. What was his problem?

We waited in line in silence and when it was our turn to do the haunted house we did that in silence too. Josephine tried to get a conversation going between us all again but Aizen was mad about whatever and I was too much in my own head.