A Cottage of their own

A few months after their magical wedding, Mia and James found themselves standing before a quaint cottage nestled on the outskirts of Cinderellasburg. The cottage was surrounded by lush greenery, with ivy creeping up the stone walls and a charming garden blooming with colorful flowers. It was everything they had dreamed of—peaceful, cozy, and close to the ones they loved.

Mia opened the gate, the old iron creaking slightly as she pushed it open. She turned to James, her eyes sparkling with excitement. “It’s perfect, James,” she said, taking in the picturesque scene. “I can already see us having breakfast on the porch, tending to the garden, and maybe even starting a family here.”

James smiled, slipping his arm around her waist. “I thought you’d like it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one.” He looked around, imagining all the memories they would create in this new home. “We’re close enough to visit Ella and the rest of the family whenever we want, but it’s still our own little place. Just us.”

Mia nodded, feeling a sense of contentment wash over her. They had searched for the right place for weeks, but the moment they saw the cottage, they knew their search was over. It felt like the beginning of a new chapter, one where they could build a life together, surrounded by nature and the warmth of their home.

James took Mia’s hand, leading her up the stone path to the front door. He fished the key out of his pocket and handed it to her. “This is all yours, Mrs. Hook,” he said with a playful wink.

Mia laughed, taking the key and unlocking the door. As they stepped inside, the sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow on the cozy interior. It was simple yet charming, with a rustic fireplace and wooden beams that added to the cottage’s charm.

They spent the afternoon unpacking their belongings, setting up their new home, and making it their own. Mia arranged fresh tulips—her favorite flowers—that James had surprised her with on the kitchen table, while James worked on putting up the shelves they’d brought with them.

As the sun began to set, they stood outside on the porch, admiring the peaceful view of the surrounding forest. James wrapped his arms around Mia from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder. “Here’s to our new home,” he whispered, pressing a soft kiss to her cheek.

Mia leaned back against him, feeling a sense of happiness she had never known before. “Here’s to us,” she replied, turning her head to kiss him. “I can’t wait for all the adventures we’ll have here.”

Together, they watched as the sky turned shades of pink and orange, the gentle sounds of nature surrounding them. As they share a gentle kiss. It was the perfect beginning to their life in Cinderellasburg, and they knew that whatever came next, they would face it together, side by side.