Free at last

Mia and Ella sat on the porch of Mia's new cottage near Cinderellasburg, watching the sun dip below the horizon. The soft glow of twilight bathed the landscape in warm hues, and the gentle breeze carried the sweet scent of flowers from the garden they had planted together. For the first time in a long while, they felt truly at peace.

"It's hard to believe we're finally here," Ella said, her voice filled with quiet amazement. She glanced at Mia, her eyes shining with gratitude. "We’re really free, Mia."

Mia nodded, a soft smile spreading across her face. "Yeah, we did it. I still remember the day we left. It felt like we were finally breaking out of a cage."

Ella leaned back in her chair, her gaze fixed on the distant hills. "I was so scared that day. Lady Tremaine was furious when she realized we were serious about leaving. But standing up to her… it was like I finally found my own voice."

Mia chuckled softly. "Remember how she tried to guilt us into staying? She threw everything she could at us—how we owed her for everything, how we’d never make it without her.

"Ella smiled at the memory, but there was a hint of sadness in her eyes. "She never believed in us. She never thought we could be anything more than what she decided. But we proved her wrong."

"We did," Mia agreed. Ella then said "Seeing you escape first gave me the courage to follow my own path. Your strength in breaking away made me realize that I deserved to live freely too, and it helped me find the confidence to claim my own happiness."

Mia reached out, taking Ella's hand and squeezing it gently. "You were my strength, Ella. We were always stronger together. Leaving that house was the best decision we ever made.

"Ella’s eyes softened as she looked at her sister. "I couldn’t have done it without you. And now, look at us. We’re building our own lives, on our own terms."

Mia nodded, a contented sigh escaping her lips. "No more stepmother, no more chores from dawn to dusk, no more feeling like we’re not enough. We’re finally in control of our own stories."

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, each lost in their thoughts. The memories of their old life were still fresh, but they no longer felt like chains holding them back. Instead, they were reminders of how far they had come.

Mia turned to Ella, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "You know, there’s a part of me that wants to send Lady Tremaine a thank-you note. Just to let her know how much better off we are without her."

Ella laughed, her laughter light and carefree. "Oh, that would be priceless. But I think our happiness is all the proof we need."

Mia smiled, squeezing her sister’s hand once more. "You’re right. We don’t need to prove anything to anyone. We have each other, and that’s enough."

As the first stars began to twinkle in the night sky, Mia and Ella sat together, grateful for the freedom they had fought so hard to win. Their journey had been long and difficult, but it had brought them closer than ever. They were no longer just survivors of their past—they were architects of their future, ready to build a life filled with love, laughter, and endless possibilities.