Chapter-2

Tejal's Pov

I cried and cried,  I decided to call my BFF, Ushmil, who was my neighbor until a few years ago when she and her family moved to Italy. 
I called her she picked up
"Sup?" She said in a sleepy voice.
No words were forming all I she could hear was my sniffles,  she got worried,  her worries seem to increase my crying.

I explained her everything, she is coming India now.
My family and her family were friends

♡♡♡

Next day in the morning Ushmil and her family came,  preparations of funeral were going on.
Ushmil came and hugged me, worried for me.

It was time for cremation,  I don't want to see them burn. What if they wake up,  what if they can still be save.
Regardless of what I wanted , it still happened.  As the flames ignite,  all the realization settled in , it was all real, very real.

My legs gave out and I fell on my knees sobbing, not aware of the surrounding, the only thing I could see was the flames.
There's no going back, no more piggyback ride, no more cooking with my mom, no more annoying my brother,  no more my mummy caring when I'm sick, or my papa buying my favorite sweet when I'm sick , no more of my brother listening to all my demands while I am sick.

It's all gone, forever.

As the fire dies down , all that's left is ashes.
I collect a bit of ashes, thinking about planting three trees,  one for each , I will put some ash there.

Ushmil was by my side the whole time, her brother Xerxes is like a brother to me. When I don't see him , I look around for him to find him talking to four men and a women. I haven't seen them in my entire life.

Xerxes seems pissed at them, what did they do? Xerxes is someone who does not get angry easily.  Even some of my family members were talking to those people .

So I take Ushmil's hand and walk towards them.
As we reach Xerxes put his hand over my shoulder in a protective manner.
Then he said something in Italian,  to which tje 4 men  hesitantly noded.
I didn't pay any attention to what they were talking about though I know Italian , my mind was to busy wondering what will happen to me now.

I flinched as Xerxes beganto shout and have a full blown argument with the unknown people,  that was a first , I've never seen him this angry