chapter- 19 : surgery

All the medical stuff in this chapter is searched on Google. So if something is inaccurate don't blame me.

******************************

Armani's Pov (father)

I am currently rushing downstairs to go to my children's school. The school called me saying I need to come since Tejal is injured.

I took the car key and rush in the garage,  my two youngest sons, Xander and Xavier were parking their car after coming back from a friend's home.

Seeing me frantic they inquire what happened, I tell them that Tejal is injured and I am going to go get her. They decided to tag along .

We reach the school, go to the nurses office and there she is, my daughter with a ice pack on her hand .

When she saw me she started crying, seeing her cry makes my heart sting.
I go hug her then the nurse informed that she has a broken thumb.

I take her hand in my hand carefully trying not to cause her any pain. Her thumb and index finger are taped together , I can see how swollen and bruised her thumb and the area near it is.

Christina, Tejal's friend tell us what happened, to say that I was pissed was an understatement but right now my priority is my daughter. I can deal with that girl later.

I pick her up and take her to the hospital since Lorenzo has some work Reed is treating Tejal. Lorenzo and Reed have been friends since they were in high school . Everyone except Tejal knew who Reed is, so I trust him.

Reed introduce himself to Tejal and is now checking her hand. At one point she just holds Reed's hand to stop him. She must be in a lot of pain, her voice is cracking and her eyes held unshed tears.

I hold her hand allowing Reed to check her other hand,while also giving her reassurance.

Reed and Tejal went to get her x-ray. Lorenzo joined us while we wait for the results, Reed calls Lorenzo and I outside to discuss something , that something being the x-ray results.

Reed give Lorenzo the x-ray results, his lips form a straight line with a serious look on his face.

Lorenzo usually is someone who almost always has a smile, he has this goofiness to him which at this moment is gone.

"Do you want me or Lorenzo to tell you the results?" Reed ask

"Anyone is fine " I say

Reed nodded his head , takes a deep breath and say, "Tejal will require surgery for her thumb. She has a break in her thumb at the proximal phalange, the base of the thumb. Hand surgery is risky because of all the bones and nerves present. I have contacted a orthopaedic hand specialist , she is one of the best doctor. You need to take Tejal in her clinic."

I nodded, I'm worried for Tejal. So much has happened in her life in so little time and now she has to undergo a surgery.

I will talk to Tejal about therapy after her thumb is treated.

Lorenzo picked Tejal up sitting her down in his car, I tell the twins to go home, i tell them not to tell anyone in home about her condition yet.
I drive to the orthopaedic specialists clinic.

Tejal somehow made to sleep with the pain.

"Does anyone except the twins know where we are?" Lorenzo asked
I just shake my head.

"Alvize is going to freak out, he and Tejal have gotten close. Uncle is going to be mad that you didn't tell him. Dario is going to get worried especially if the twins were to tell everyone. I don't think the females in our home would be worried though, they never tried talking to Tejal nor did Tejal try ." Lorenzo said