Chapter-7

Tejal's Pov

I don't want to be involved in their illegal stuff, and I doubt they'll involve me. I'll talk to them about this later.

I get dressed for dinner, a nice sweatpant and sweatshirt.

^

^

As I reach down I see everyone dressed up , all the males wearing coats and the females wearing a nice dress.
I feel underdressed now. But I'd definitely wear what I'm wearing outside.

"You are supposed to dress up" My aunt Layla said.
"I'm dressed enough " I say , not paying attention to her comment.

Soon the guest came, introduced them to me
"Akim Varshavski, Raphaela's fiancee he is 20 , Ivan Varshavski and Rachel Varshavski , Akim's parents."

Father then asked me to introduce myself so I did," Tejal, age 15 "

We all sat down for dinner in dinning room," what did your adoptive parents do for living?" Ivan asked

"My papa was a government officer, mummy a homemaker and my brother owned restaurants and hotels. Healso owened a chocolate company." I answered him smiling sweetly while looking in his eyes.

We began eating . I haven't been eating much lately. Me being surrounded by new people, the food being kinda bland, and the grief during all this self care wasn't my priority.

I bet if mummy is seeing me right now from heaven she'd be screaming at me for not taking care of myself.

Maybe I'll cook myself something at night.

"Tejal do you play any sports " Rachel asked . "Football and kickboxing" I answer.

"Why did you learn kickboxing?" Xander asked which somewhat surprised me as he only made sassy comments till now.

"Mummy forced me to learn it when some creepy guys were following me." I say with a smile , as I remember coming home complaining that my body was sore.

"What!?" ,"what happened then?", "they didn't do anything to you , did they?"
Raphaela, mother and father exclaimed together.

"Nothing happened, I went inside a random person's house ,called papa then he came to get me" I said

"How old were you at that time?" Xander asked
"10 or something " I say.

We finished dinner and I went to my room.

♡♡♡

I lay down on my bed facing the ceiling, after hours of trying sleep.
Maybe I should listen to a song or write my emotions down in my diary.
Maybe I should do both.
Or I should join therapy.

I should.

Will I?no.

I want to get better, but at the same time I don't.
I get out of my room and just fake a smile, pretending I'm OK. Pretending everything is OK.

But it's not.

And they don't know.

How will they know if I don't tell, right?
But my mummy and papa would have known, they would always know.

I know time can't turn back, but everyday I pray wholeheartedly wishing I could go back.
Hoping some miracle would happen and I would be back with my family. Just like in books and anime.

I looked at the clock it's 4:30 am , sun would be rising soon.
I opend the balcony and sat there,putting my headphones and listing to song 'marjorie - by Taylor Swift '
Tears silently fall down my face as I sing along the lines.

Xander's pov

I came home after an underground fighting match, I took a bath.
I go to the balcony to smoke and am surprised when I saw Tejal in her balcony. My room is right beside her.

She has her eyes closed with tears falling freely from her eyes. She has her headphones on.

I start recording her, maybe I can blackmail her or just tease her.

I go a bit closer to her and hear her sing ,

And I complained the whole way there
The car ride back and up the stairs
I should've asked you questions
I should've asked you how to be
Asked you to write it down for me
Should've kept every grocery store receipt
'Cause every scrap of you would be taken from me
Watched as you signed your name Marjorie
All your closets of backlogged dreams
And how you left them all to me

What died didn't stay dead
You're alive, you're alive in my head
What died didn't stay dead
You're alive, so alive
And if I didn't know better
I'd think you were singing to me now
If I didn't know better
I'd think you were still around
I know better
But I still feel you all around
I know better
But you're still around

Her voice was breaking, now all I hear is her sniffles.
I stop the recording, now I feel bad for recording.
I decided to jump to her balcony, as I did she noticed me.
She isn't saying anything neither am I.

What do I even say to her?

I just sat beside her, maybe I should tell one of my story?
" when I was 11 " I began, " I got
naphthalene ball stuck in my nose" She looked at me with her eyebrows raised

"I used to love the smell of naphthalene ball so I was smelling one, it was small so as I took a breath to smell it went up my nose. Then we had to go to hospital to take it out. "

I hear her giggle, it's the first time I hear/see her laugh.

"You know those big buttons, which have a smooth surface " I nod as she continue talking .
"I once swallowed it , the my parents had to make me vomit it out."
I look at her line she's the weirdest person I've ever seen.

She looked at me and said " oh, come on, at least I didn't get some balls stuck up my nose."

"Yeah, you swallowed a button, right totally normal." I say.
To this she hit my arm and laugh.

We sat there in a comfortable silence, watching the sun rise.
" I should go to a therapist. " Tejal abruptly say, breaking the silence.
"You should, I'll talk to dad if you want "I reply.

"I don't want to go shopping today, I love shopping but not for cloths. I like buying the most random things and plants. I have to go with Raphaela, mother and aunt, but they'll drag me to every clothing brand and then probably to get my hairs and manicure done. I don't want to go." She says whining at the end.

I laugh at her misery, "do you watch anime?" I ask , I know she will say no and say she likes kdrama and force me to watch it. That's what Raphaela does.

"Yes" she replied..

"Mhm, I knew you say n.. wait you watch anime?" I ask in disbelief.

She nodded and asked " You wanna binge watch kaiju no.8?"

"Hell yeah "
Then we moved to her bed binge watching the anime.