Chapter-3

15 years ago

Armani's Pov- ( the father)

I stood there in the middle of the hall, looking at the cake my lovely wife just cut.

The gender reveal party that my and my wife's friends organized is lavishing , blue and pink balloons lay across the floor, flowers arranged on table, a three tier cake when cut revealing the pink buttercream inside.
Everything is joyful, everyone is screaming and cheering in excitement, except me.

I'm happy to have a daughter after 4 boys , I can already imagine having fun with my baby girl, laughing with her .

Though there is sadness and gult I'm feeling.

The Russians and Italian have been friends for a while now. Both families not having a mafia princess for generations.
My father Aldo D'Amore and his best friend the former leader of Russian mafia, in their prime they made a contract. A contract where it states if the Russians were to get a princess she will marry the next capo of Italian mafia and vise versa.

I look towards the 5 years old boy , the heir of Russian mafia , he's smiling happily, not knowing that the baby in my wife's belly is his future wife.

I felt a pang in my heart, my daughter's future is already decided, she will get no chance in love. An arrange marriage.

It's not just love she'll miss out, in the mafia world arranged marriage is quite common. The girls are taught to be a perfect wife, a perfect lady. My daughter will be taught to live a life for her husband and not herself. Behaving properly so that she doesn't ruin the reputation of her husband.
Being mocked if she's not able to get pregnant.

I'm happy I'm having a daughter, but I wish the baby was a boy so she wouldn't have to go through all this.
I wish she that she could be free, enjoying life when she grows up and not worry about reputation, family name or the damn contract.

That night I drank till morning, I'm angry at my father for making such contract, angry at myself for not being able to do anything.
I've tried breaking the contract, I've tried since my first son was born. Nothing. Nothing can be done.

I came home in the morning, everyone was having breakfast, I looked at my wife a sence of pride and joy filled me. I look around the table to see my children laughing without a care in the world.

My brother Leonardo, his wife and his son, were talking with my kids. Then my eyes met his , the man who made the contract, my father.
He was a great father to me, I admired him until I got to know about the contract.

I called my father , wife, brother and sister in law to my office.
As soon as we arrive I asked my father "do you really want the contract marriage to happen?"

Just as I say that everyone in the room except father is confused , they don't know about the contract.
"Yes" was all my father said.
I started shouting profanities at him, to this he just leave the room.

I explained the contract to my wife, brother and his wife.
Leonardo was angry, clenching and unclenching his fist , the ladies had tears in their eyes.

We decided to plan, as far as we know there's just one baby.
So when she is born we give her to one of my most trusted men/women to take her far away, somewhere safe, somewhere she could be free.

Dad won't allow it, and I know that he is going to call Russians when my wife goes in labour. We need to do this before they arrive and make sure father won't notice.