| afterword |

Hello to anyone who actually clicks on this. :P

I know it's so long after E&A finished that a lot of people will ignore this post. xD

I've decided to add this to the end of Eli & Aeryn to grant anyone 'permission' to write in this format.

I cringed writing 'permission' because I don't think writing (almost) purely in dialogue is something I came up with - I think if you searched all over Wattpad you'd find I would definitely not be the first to do it.

It's a fun, easy, engaging way to write a story, in my opinion, as long as the reader and writer has a good imagination.

I've been receiving several private messages of people asking whether they can use this format, and I have of course said yes - they can do whatever they like!

However, while the format is not mine, Eli & Aeryn is.

Writing in dialogue is absolutely fine, the only problem is that some of the people who have gone on from asking me have also made their characters identical to mine.

I won't name anyone because that would be harsh, but there was someone who dedicated their story to me but when I read it the chapters were almost exactly the same - full lines and chapters had been taken from my story and put into theirs. It's not up anymore, the person kindly took it down when I asked them if they could alter it.

It is a great feeling to hear from people that Eli & Aeryn has inspired them.

It is NOT a great feeling to see that people are basically taking my characters and renaming them - essentially keeping their entire personalities, actions, and characteristics exactly the same.

It is especially not a great feeling to feel like I can't do anything about it when I see stories that are way too similar because I feel like I would be being rude and mean if I spoke to the writer about it.

TL;DR  |  PLEASE do not copy my story. Take the format, do not take the characters and simply change their names. I feel like a bitch when I have to message people, but I will if I have to.

Thanks for reading. :) <3