ENCOUNTER 5

The three men silently agreed, positioning themselves discreetly in the hallway. They were prepared to respect Blade's privacy, but also ready to act if needed, their protective instincts now fully engaged.

She sank into the bathtub, the water engulfing her as tears silently blended with the warmth around her. Each sob was swallowed by the stillness, her loneliness pressing heavier with every passing second. She stayed there until her body grew numb, finally forcing herself to rise from the water’s embrace.

Wrapping herself tightly in a towel, she opened the door, only to be met by their presence. In an instant, her expression shifted—her eyes lighting up with a cheerful glint, a forced laugh escaping her lips.

"Oh, were you waiting for me?" she asked, as if nothing had shattered inside moments before.

The three men, caught off guard by Blade’s sudden appearance, froze in a mix of shock and concern. Seeing her in her current state—half-naked and dripping from the bath—their eyes widened in surprise before they quickly averted their gazes, awkwardness settling over the room as they struggled to compose themselves.

Sab, recovering quickly, flashed a warm smile. "Aye, just wanted to make sure you were alright. Thought we heard... something earlier."

Garen's towering frame seemed to soften slightly, his blue eyes filled with a mix of worry and relief. "We were... concerned," he admitted, his Austrian accent thick with emotion.

Simon, his masked face unreadable, tilted his head slightly. "Routine check," he said gruffly, but there was an underlying tone of care in his voice.

"Uh... I... just took a bath, maybe what you heard was... nevermind." She fumbled over her words, brushing off the awkwardness. Her eyes flickered with a hesitant smile as she tightened the towel around herself. "Do you wanna... come in?"

The three men exchanged quick glances, their concern evident despite their attempts to remain casual.

Sab's eyes lit up with a mix of surprise and eagerness. "Well, if you're sure, lass. We'd be happy to keep you company for a bit."

Garen shifted his imposing frame, looking slightly uncomfortable. "I... would not want to impose," he said, his Austrian accent thick with hesitation.

Simon remained still for a moment, his masked face unreadable. Then, with a slight nod, he spoke gruffly, "Might as well. Make sure everything's alright."

The atmosphere was charged with a mix of curiosity and concern as they waited for Blade's final confirmation, aware that this invitation could change the dynamic of their newly formed connection.

She opened the door wider, silently inviting them to step inside. Without waiting for a response, she headed back into the bathroom to change.

Moments later, she emerged with damp hair clinging to her neck, now dressed in fresh clothes. Her eyes sparkled with playful mischief as she teased,

"I can't believe you guys are still out here guarding my quarters... that's so thoughtful of you." Her grin softened the tension in the air, making the moment feel lighter.

Sab chuckled, his blue eyes twinkling with a mix of amusement and relief. "Well, lass, can you blame us? We're trained to watch each other's backs, after all."

Garen's imposing figure seemed to relax slightly as he carefully sat on the edge of a nearby chair. "Ja, it is what we do," he added, his accent softening.

Simon remained standing, his masked face turned towards Blade. "Noticed something was off. Wanted to make sure you were alright," he said gruffly, but there was an underlying tone of concern and curiosity in his voice.

The atmosphere in the room was charged with a mix of curiosity and care as the men took in Blade's appearance. Her her wet hair and fresh clothes a stark contrast to her earlier demeanor. They waited, wondering if she would reveal more about what had transpired behind closed doors.

"Aww, you guys are so sweet, just like those cakes we had at the coffee shop, huh?" She gave a lighthearted laugh, trying to ease the tension. "Well, I'm alright. Just took a quick bath, nothing to worry about."

Sab grinned, his Scottish brogue warm with affection. "Sweet as cake, eh? I'll take that compliment, lass. Glad to hear you're alright."

Garen nodded, a rare smile visible beneath his raven mask. "Ja, we are... relieved. Your wellbeing is important to us."

Simon tilted his head, the eye holes of his Devil mask fixed on Blade. "Quick bath, huh?" he muttered, his tone suggesting he wasn't entirely convinced. "Anything else you want to share?"

The room remained charged with a mix of concern and growing camaraderie. The three men, while outwardly accepting Blade's explanation, seemed to sense there was more beneath the surface. They waited, their body language open and attentive, silently encouraging Blade to open up if she chose to do so.

"hmm...what else should I share? There's nothing more so thrilling than my exes cheating on me while I'm in the camp for military training." She laughs.

Sab's eyes widened, his jovial mask dropping to reveal raw sympathy. "Damn, lass, that's brutal. Some people are just born assholes. Those bastards never deserved you."

Garen’s imposing frame tensed, his blue eyes igniting with fury. "Unfaithful... Scheiße. You're far better off without them."

Simon stayed motionless, but a fierce shift in his stance spoke volumes. "Their loss," he growled, his voice thick with an edge of fierce protectiveness.

The men's concern for Blade deepening. They exchanged glances, silently communicating their shared desire to support their new companion. The revelation, while unexpected, seemed to strengthen the bond forming between them.

"Well, men will be men, won’t they?" She shot them a sideways glance, her eyes gleaming with a hint of mischief.

Simon tilted his head, the eye holes of his devil mask fixed on Blade. "Careful with those generalizations," he growled, but there was a note of intrigue in his gruff voice.

Garen's imposing figure shifted slightly, a hint of discomfort visible in his posture. "Some men are... different," he said softly, his Austrian accent thicker than usual.

Sab's eyebrows shot up, a mix of amusement and mock offense playing across his features. "Oi, now! Not all of us are cut from the same cloth, lass," he chuckled, his Scottish brogue warm despite the teasing.