ENCOUNTER 15

Sab's eyes softened as he watched Blade enjoy her cake, a fond smile playing on his lips. "Aye, and it's a welcome change from the usual doom and gloom, lass."

Simon nodded slightly, his masked face tilted towards Blade. "Everyone needs an outlet. Yours just happens to be... livening things up a bit."

Garen's imposing figure relaxed further, a rare warmth in his voice. "It is good to see you... enjoying yourself. After all that has happened."

As Blade savored her cake, her teammates watched with a mixture of affection and respect, their bond strengthened by the shared moments of both tension and laughter.

"I really love these cakes here..."

Sab grinned, his blue eyes twinkling with amusement. "Glad you enjoyed it, lass. We'll have to make this a regular thing after missions."

Simon nodded slightly, his masked face tilted towards Blade. "Could be good for morale. Team bonding and all that."

Garen's figure shifted, a hint of a smile visible beneath his sniper hood. "Ja, perhaps we can... explore more local cafés. For tactical reasons, of course."

In the midst of their perilous lives, the team found solace in the fleeting moments of normalcy they shared. As they readied themselves to move on, there was an unspoken acknowledgment among them-these rare pauses from the chaos were becoming invaluable, something they all silently cherished more with each passing day.

"Yeah you guys are right. We need sweetness after the bitterness from our duties..."Blade intoned before her put the

Sabs's face softened, his blue eyes meeting Blade's gaze with understanding. "Aye, that's the truth of it. We've seen our share of darkness."

Simon nodded solemnly, his masked face tilting slightly, only a part of his lips were exposed. Same as Garen. Only Sab wasn't wearing a mask. "It's these moments that keep us grounded. Remind us what we're fighting for."

Blade nodded her head in agreement. Her gaze piercing through the clear glass wall of the café.

Garen seemed to relax further, his voice carrying a hint of warmth. "The contrast... it makes both sides more meaningful, ja? The sweet and the bitter."

With a contemplative tone, the team's shared experiences and hardships hanging silently between them. As they finished their treats, there was a sense of renewed purpose and unity, their bond strengthened by both the challenges they faced and the moments of peace they carved out for themselves.

"So...what's the next plan?" After a moment of contemplating the previous events that are slowly changing their lives, Blade ask. She put her mask back before standing up from her seat.

"We need to analyze that flash drive you gave us, see what intel we can gather about your brother's death and its connection to recent events." Sab followed, his posture shifting from relaxed to alert.

"I suggest we return to base, review the data in a secure location. Time is of essence, ja?" Garen's imposing figure straightened, his blue eyes scanning the surroundings.

"We'll need to move carefully. Whoever's behind this clearly has resources and isn't afraid to use them." Simon's masked face turned towards Blade, his voice low and serious.

"Do you think it wont stir any trouble if we these data on the flash drive? I only saw the surface but I'm sure there's more to it that it takes my brother's life for this..." Blade was unsure. Simon took her a stoic glance.

"You dont need to worry about it. I can secure its safety and it wont cause the base any trouble or to us." Simon intoned with assurance.

As the team prepared to leave the café, there was a palpable sense of determination and unity, their brief respite having recharged them for the challenges ahead.

"Yeah. Let's get moving..."

The team exited the coffee shop, their relaxed demeanor replaced by a focused determination. Sab led the way, his eyes scanning the surroundings for potential threats. Simon moved silently beside him, his masked face betraying no emotion. Garen brought up the rear, his presence a silent deterrent to anyone who might be watching.

As they made their way back to base, the bustling city streets seemed to fade into the background, their minds already shifting to the task ahead. The flash drive Blade had entrusted to them held the key to unraveling the mystery surrounding her brother's death and its potential connection to recent events.

She followed closely to them, behind Garen, she trusted these men to help her unravel the secret behind her brother's suspicious death.

As the team made their way back to base, Blade's presence behind Garen added a new layer of trust to their dynamic. The imposing sniper glanced back occasionally, his blue eyes meeting Blade's masked gaze with a silent promise of protection.

The streets around them seemed to blur as they moved with purpose, each step bringing them closer to potentially gamechanging information. Sab's stride was determined, his Scottish features set in concentration. Simon's masked visage remained unreadable, but his body language spoke of heightened alertness.

As they neared the base, the weight of Blade's trust in them to uncover the truth about her brother's death pressed upon each team member, adding an extra layer of determination to their mission.

Blade walks silently. Her heart racing as she was hoping to finally give a lead to her brother's death a justice.

The team arrived at the base, the atmosphere charged with tension and anticipation. As they made their way to the secure briefing room, Sab turned to Blade, his blue eyes filled with determination.

"We'll get to the bottom of this, lass. Your brother deserves justice, and we'll make sure he gets it."

Simon nodded silently, his masked face tilted towards Blade in a gesture of solidarity. Garen fierce expression soften slightly as he held the door open for her.