ENCOUNTER 9

Blade avoided their gaze. Subconsciously hiding her wounded hand behind her back as she looks in the other direction.

She went to the forest every other night. To have her secret training and the cut on her hand was as well caused by her knives and katana.

There is a moment on her that she feels like holding a sharp and flexible katana is invigorating her blood. But the cut on her pam was caused by a knife. When she fell from the broken branch of a tree. But, who will believe her? Her instincts telling her something she can't decipher.   A vague image flashing in her memory. Flashes of vague images where she can only see a blur color of military uniform and a woman engaged in a serious fight.

"This is the only thing I wanted to tell you..." she said, her voice still calm but the disappointment still lingers on, "I... didn't do anything like that. Believe me or not."

The tension escalated as Blade's vague response hung in the air. Simon took a step forward, his body language becoming more aggressive.

"That's not good enough," he growled, his voice low and dangerous. "We need more than just your word."

Sab placed a restraining hand on Simon's shoulder, his expression torn between suspicion and concern. "Lass, if you're in some kind of trouble, we can help. But you need to be straight with us." Sab's tone hinting concern.

Garen's imposing figure loomed closer, his blue eyes intense. "Secrets can be... dangerous. For everyone involved."

"I'm not lying..." She said, standing her ground.

The air around them crackled with suspicion and unspoken accusations. The three men exchanged glances, silently communicating their shared doubts and the growing need for answers. They waited, their stances tense, for Blade to provide a more satisfactory explanation.

She sighed in defeat. If she didn't take action, they would surely accuse her of the murder, no matter what she said or how she tried to explain. The only way to clear her name and end the accusations was to find undeniable proof—anything less would leave her vulnerable to suspicion.

"follow me...." she said. Her heart aching with disagreements. She never wants to reveal her secret haven but she needs to.

Blade led them to the secluded spot where she had conducted her secret training under the cover of night. It took them more than an hour to reach the place.

The surrounding trees bore the marks of blade cuts, evidence of her intense practice. Nearby, a target stood, its surface littered with knives and arrows embedded from numerous practice sessions.

As the group reached Blade's secret training area, a tense silence fell over them. Sab's eyes widened as he took in the scene, his expression a mix of relief and lingering suspicion.

"Well, I'll be damned," he muttered, his Scottish brogue tinged with surprise.

Simon remained still, his masked gaze sweeping over the marked trees and target practice setup. "Impressive, but it doesn't explain everything," he said gruffly.

"I know but, I'm staying here quite a while. I love the peacefulness of this place and..." It felt something familiar.

Garen's imposing figure relaxed slightly, his blue eyes studying the area with newfound interest. "This is... unexpected. Why the secrecy?"

The atmosphere shifted, the earlier hostility giving way to a complex mix of curiosity, respect, and remaining doubts. The three men waited for Blade to explain further, their stances less aggressive but still wary.

She climbed to the nearby tree and took her sets of bow, arrow and knife, from her spot, she released an arrow towards the target set up hitting the very center.

"This place is my brother's secret training place. He told me. The knives, the bows were his. Every night I went here and trained myself. I just feel like he's with me... I must admit, maybe the person who see me heading this way was the time I sneak out to come here but the murder...I didn't do it..."

The revelation hung heavy in the air as the men processed Blade's words. Sab's expression softened, a mix of understanding and sympathy crossing his features.

"Aye, lass. That's... quite something," he said gently, his Scottish brogue tinged with respect.

Simon remained still for a moment, then gave a slight nod. "Explains the skill. And the secrecy," he growled, but there was a hint of acceptance in his gruff voice.

Garen's imposing figure relaxed further, his blue eyes showing a glimmer of empathy. "Family bonds are... powerful motivators. We understand this."

The earlier suspicion giving way to a newfound respect and a touch of guilt for their accusations. However, a lingering tension remained, as the mystery of the murdered soldiers was still unsolved.

"Would you believe me if I say I want to stay lowkey? My skills are meant to be shown in a mission that's all..."

The men exchanged glances, their expressions a mix of understanding and lingering caution.

Sab nodded slowly, his blue eyes meeting Blade's. "Aye, I can see why you'd want to keep things under wraps. We've all got our reasons for playing things close to the chest."

Simon's posture relaxed slightly, though his masked face remained unreadable. "Understandable. But remember, on a team, trust goes both ways," he said gruffly.

Garen's imposing figure shifted, his voice softening. "We appreciate your honesty now. Perhaps... we can train together sometime. Discreetly, of course."

The tension between them eased considerably, but an undercurrent of unresolved suspicions remained. While Blade's secret training explained some of their concerns, the unsolved murders still cast a shadow over the group. The men seemed to silently agree to give Blade the benefit of the doubt for now, but their guard wasn't completely lowered.

"A team..."she casually nodded and looked away. 'The team, the trust should go both ways...but the fucking team who caused my brother's death...his fucking team. I will surely bring that murderous team to where they should be. His damn team...' She screams in her mind. Anger rose in her chest but none of it showed visibility against her enthusiastic personality.

As Blade's inner turmoil raged, her outward composure remained intact. The men, oblivious to her true thoughts, began to relax further.

Sab clapped a hand on her shoulder, his smile returning. "Well then, lass, seems we've all learned something today. How about we head back to camp and clear things up with the others?"

Simon nodded curtly. "Agreed. We'll need to refocus on finding the real culprit behind those murders."

Garen's imposing figure loomed nearby, his blue eyes still studying Blade. "Ja, and perhaps we can discuss... integrating your skills more fully into our team operations."

The essence shifted again, a fragile trust rebuilding among them. However, beneath Blade's calm exterior, her determination to uncover the truth about her brother's death and bring down those responsible burned hotter than ever.

"Yeah...sure. I promise to make myself useful in the mission."

Sab grinned, his blue eyes twinkling with renewed enthusiasm. "That's the spirit, lass! We'll make a proper team out of this yet."

Simon gave a curt nod, his masked face unreadable but his body language more relaxed.

Garen's imposing figure seemed less intimidating now, a hint of a smile visible beneath his sniper hood. "Perhaps we can arrange some... joint training sessions soon."

As the group began to make their way back to the camp, the atmosphere was lighter but still tinged with an undercurrent of unresolved tension.