Chapter 7 - Goodbyes

Friday morning 07:00

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim gather Yn and Sunoo in the living room, announcing their upcoming work trip for a week. They reassure the siblings that they're free to invite a friend over to keep them company, as long as they're responsible. Sunoo's eyes light up with excitement. " Mom! Dad! Can Sunghoon come and sleep over until you guys return from your trip?" Sunoo asked excitedly. "Of course he can. He is more then welcome to come", Mrs. Kim said while winking at Yn. Yn's initial instinct is to protest, thinking "No, not Sunghoon," but she hesitates, unsure why she feels that way. Instead, she agrees with a smile, trying to brush off her reservations. Little does she know, this decision will change everything!

                  _____☆♡☆_____

Sunday morning 05:00 am

The morning of their parents' departure arrived, and the house was filled with a mix of excitement and nostalgia. Yn and Sunoo helped their parents finish packing, trying to savor every last moment together.

As they stood in the entrance hall, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim hugged their children tightly, reminding them to be responsible and have fun while they were away.

"Don't forget to invite your friend over. Sunghoon can come and sleep over tonight even!" Mrs. Kim said, winking at Yn.

Yn forced a smile, still unsure about the whole arrangement, while Sunoo grinned enthusiastically.

"We'll be fine, Mom, Dad. Don't worry!" Sunoo reassured them.

As they exchanged final hugs and well-wishes, Yn felt a pang of sadness. She knew her parents' trip was a great opportunity for them, but she couldn't shake off the feeling that things were about to change.

With one last wave, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim closed the door behind them, leaving Yn and Sunoo alone in the house. The silence felt strange, but Sunoo's excitement was contagious.

"Hey, sis! Now it's just us! And soon, Sunghoon will be here too!" Sunoo said, already planning the fun they would have.

Yn smiled, trying to match her brother's enthusiasm. Little did she know, the next few days would bring unexpected surprises and feelings she couldn't ignore.

                    ______☆♡☆______

[ Yn POV]

As my mom and dad left, I disappeared back to my room leaving my brother all by himself in the lounge. When my mom said that we are more than welcome to bring a friend over to sleep by us, and I just took one look at Sunoo's face, I knew the person that was going to be chosen was Sunghoon. Why Sunghoon? Why don't I want Sunghoon to be here? Why do I feel uncomfortable and nervous with that idea?
              ______☆♡☆______

Later that evening

"Noona, can you come down quickly, please?" Sunoo yelled from the lounge.

" I'm coming,"  Yn yelled in a gentle calm manner.

As Yn came down the stairs and into the living room to sit next to Sunoo. Sunoo turned to Yn with curiosity. " What time can I bring Sunghoon over tomorrow?. Yn sat next to Sunoo deep in thought. " Umm...umm...you can bring him over anytime, I guess" Yn said while looking away, her face flushing at the mention of Sunghoon's name.

Sunoo, who notices his sister's behavior and flushing face at the mention of his best friend's name, suddenly giggles. "Great! I'll go fetch him tomorrow morning then"

"Sounds great" Yn said softly.

Yn is a bit excited as Sunghoon is coming over to spend a whole week with them in their house. The night ended with Yn and Sunoo sitting in front of the TV with a warm blanket watching their favorite movies.

___________________________________________

What do you think about the idea of Sunghoon spending an entire week with Yn and Sunoo at their house? Will something special happen between Sunghoon and Yn or not?