𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

The first light of dawn filters through the curtains of Hanbin's room, casting a soft glow across the room. Hanbin stirs, the fog of alcohol finally lifting from his mind. As he slowly opens his eyes, he's met with the sight of his room in the early morning light-and of Hao, slumped in a chair beside his bed, fast asleep.

For a moment, Hanbin blinks in confusion, trying to piece together the events of the previous night. Then it all comes rushing back: the club, the drinks, and Hao's unexpected kindness. A mix of gratitude and embarrassment washes over him as he takes in Hao's peaceful, a bit awkward, sleeping position.

Hanbin carefully sits up, trying not to disturb Hao. He feels a wave of guilt for having put Hao in this position and for the embarrassment of having his rival see him so vulnerable. He glances at the clock on his nightstand, noting that it's still early.

As Hanbin stretches and tries to shake off the remnants of his hangover, he glances back at Hao. Seeing Hao's unguarded expression, Hanbin's heart softens. It's one thing to be rivals, but seeing Hao here, having stayed the night just to take care of him, adds a new layer to their complicated relationship.

Hanbin takes a deep breath and quietly gets out of bed. He grabs a blanket from his closet and carefully drapes it over Hao, making sure he's comfortable. As he does, he notices the faint smile on Hao's face, even in his sleep.

He then heads to the kitchen, determined to make some coffee and find something to eat. He wants to do something to repay Hao for his kindness, even if it's just a small gesture.

While Hanbin is busy in the kitchen, Hao starts to stir. The soft clinking of dishes and the smell of brewing coffee gradually pulls him from his sleep. He blinks groggily, his eyes slowly adjusting to the light.

When he sees that he's still in Hanbin's room, he sits up with a start, glancing around and remembering why he stayed. He stretches and slowly stands, feeling a bit stiff from the awkward position he'd slept in.

Hao makes his way to the kitchen, where he finds Hanbin attempting to make coffee and scramble some eggs. The sight of Hanbin in his kitchen, looking more focused and determined than he had the night before, brings a small smile to Hao's face.

"Morning," Hao says softly as he enters, trying to sound casual despite the lingering sleepiness in his voice.

Hanbin turns, a look of mild surprise crossing his face. "You're awake. Sorry for... uh, making you stay. I didn't mean to..."

Hao shakes his head, cutting him off with a warm smile. "It's fine. You needed someone, and I was happy to help. Besides, it's not like I had anything better to do."

Hanbin's face flushes slightly, a mix of embarrassment and gratitude. "I appreciate it. Really. I didn't expect..."

"Don't worry about it," Hao interrupts again, stepping closer. "I'm just glad you're feeling better."

Hanbin nods, looking down at his feet for a moment before looking back up at Hao. "Would you like some coffee? I'm trying to make breakfast. Not sure how it's turning out, though."

Hao chuckles softly, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "I'd love some. And I'm sure it'll be great."

As Hanbin finishes preparing breakfast, Hao helps set the table. They sit down together, and the atmosphere is surprisingly comfortable. The awkwardness of the previous night has faded, replaced by a tentative but genuine camaraderie.

Over coffee and scrambled eggs, they talk about light topics-school, plans for the weekend, and even a bit about the club from last night. Hanbin is surprised to find himself laughing and enjoying Hao's company, something he didn't expect after the intensity of their rivalry.