Chapter 37: She's Not There

The blinding light transported Gabriela and Sookie to a wonderful balcony

The blinding light transported Gabriela and Sookie to a wonderful balcony. The semicircle was held up by thick columns and it gave an impressive view of the surrounding mountains.

Gabriela couldn't help her gasped in surprise at where she was. It was so beautiful, that if her hand wasn't in Sookie's she would of thought she was dreaming.

A large tree with strange, shining yellow fruit hung on the branches. A crowd of people surrounded them. From the clothes, both girls could see who were fairies like Claudine and who were normal people like Sookie and Gabriela.

"I feel nauseous." Sookie whispered and Gabriela looked at her Protected in consern, as she tighted her hold on her hand.

"It'll pass." Claudine assured the blonde with a smile as they walked throught the crowd. "Well done. As you were." She dismissed the crowd around them.

"Wait. Are you like the head of the fairies or something?" Gabriela asked her with wide eyes.

Claudine smiled at the Nephilim and shook her head "Oh hardly. No, I'm Sookie's... I'm her Godmother. You know it's a..."

"I have a Fairy Godmother?" Sookie asked in shock.

"It's not all fun and parties. Some of us have to work." Claudine told the blonde girl with a smile.

"Ok if your job is to look after me... well first I already have a Protector-" She said as she pointed towards Gabriela "-and you suck. Do you know how many times me and Gabi could have used a Fairy Godmother?"

"Well, you're still alive aren't you?" Claudine asked her.

Gabriela pointed at herself "Yes, thanks to me. And let me tell you it's not an easy job to be a Protector to 'Ms. Trouble-free' here."

Sookie glared at Gabriela, as she smiled innocently at her while Claudine chuckled at the girls. She grabbed their hands and pulled them towards the crowd "Come on. Let's enjoy the party."

"Sookie? Gabriela?" Barry asked as they passed each other.

Sookie looked at him with wide eyes "Barry? The bell boy?" She doubled checked.

"Yeah." He smiled at them.

"How long have you been here?" Gabriela asked him with a smile.

"We just got here." He answered as he looked at the boy next to him, before he looked back at the girls "Jesus can you believe this place. Oh, this is my Fairy Godmother Lloyd." He praised, nearly forgetting to introduce his Fairy Godmother.

"Hi." Lloyd greeted them and the girls waved at him.

"Look at everyone. Do you realise this is like the one place in the universe where we're not freaks?" Barry excitedly noticed.

Claudine giggled "Well we're going to get a drink. Once you three are finished chatting, mingle." She encouraged them before leaving them alone, though that didn't last long.