Chapter 40: I'm Alive and On Fire

"We are sitting ducks here if any of Claudine's friends decided to show up

"We are sitting ducks here if any of Claudine's friends decided to show up. Hurry, into the house." Sookie began, already making her way back toward her home.

Gabriela was about to follow her, when she heard a thud behind her and she glanced back at Eric, seeing him face first into the bed of flowers she had planted.

"We're heading for the cubby, you hear me?" Gabriela called out for him.

Eric made no move to get up as he laid there with his eyes closed, distant smile on his face.

Sookie returned back to her Protector and Eric "Gabi come on." She then noticed Eric on the floor "Eric?"

Gabriela kneeled down next to her mate and shook his shoulder "Eric?"

The viking glanced up at her and slowly, very slowly, got to his feet with a grunt and messy hair. She followed after him and looked up at him, while Sookie stood a few feet away from them.

As Eric got to his full height, he showed them his best smile with his fangs out and blood dripping down his chin "Hey," he stumbled toward Gabriela and said "More. I need more."

"Quit." Gabriela smacked his hand away as he brushed her hair from her neck.

"I want more." he pouted.

"You can't have any more, there isn't any. You drank the whole faerie, and you're going to your room." Sookie scolded him from her place.

The viking didn't listen as he wrapped one arm around Gabriela's waist and the other to brush all of her hair toward her back to expose her throat.

"Eric I said no!" she said firmly "You'll kill me." She yelled in panic.

This seemed to sober him up as he pulled away for a moment, evident frown on his face as his fangs disappeared into his gums "I would never harm my Gabi."

Gabriela looked up at him with big eyes. Sookie walked a bit closer to them and grabbed Gabriela's hand and pulled her slowly away from the Viking.

"You better not harm her. Because if you harm her, you'll harm me." Sookie nodded as she pulled Gabriela next to her "Come on, back inside. Gabi will tuck you in."

Gabriela and Sookie turned their backs to him and made their way toward the porch when there was a sudden sting on Gabriela's backside.

Eric passed her with a giggle as she jumped and shot him a dark glare. He ambled backwards, eyes solely on her.

"You just pinched my butt." Gabriela accused, and Sookie looked at them in amusement.

"Beautiful butt." he agreed, walking a slow circle around them.

"Well, thanks." Gabriela narrowed her eyes "But hands off."

Eric continued to giggle and did it again, vamp speeding ten feet away from her with a lazy smile on his face.