Chapter 43: Cold Grey Light of Dawn

Gabriela let out a cuss when Eric grasped the back of her thighs, hoisting her up and she wrapped them around his waist

Her nails moved down his scalp as she tugged on his blonde hair. The viking retaliated by digging his own digits into her flesh. He kicked at her front door with his foot, and it swung open, her scent infiltrating his senses even more with each step he took.

His lips attached themselves to her jaw in sloppy kisses and she closed her eyes tightly, savouring the feeling.

Gabriela felt as if anyone could come in and rip him away and she didn't want to waste any of it. His skin was cold, and it did wonders on her heated skin. Gabriela pressed herself further against him and he let out a snarl, biting at the skin on her jaw in return. His feet moved them further into the dimly lit home.

"No, no," she muttered through kisses when he headed for the living room "upstairs."

Eric didn't need to be told twice and took his time walking up the steps with her in his arms. Their mouths didn't separate the entire time, wrapped up in each other as if they were the only two in the world.

He knew exactly where her room was and took slow firm steps toward it, too focused on the woman he was holding.

"I thought..." began Gabriela, as he sucked on her lower lip emitting a moan from her "that... that he would kill you."

His knees hit the side of her bed and he let both of them fall onto the mattress, holding out one hand to catch himself as not to crush her underneath his weight. He pulled away for a moment and took in every feature of her face, soft smile gracing her profile.

"I am right here." he uttered "I am not going anywhere."

Gabriela ran her finger over his cheek and reached forward to press her lips against his once again. He kissed her with such urgency, also afraid she'd slip right through his fingers. His lips warmed from the heat of her own, savouring the softness of them.

Gabriela melted into his embrace with a content sigh. The kiss knocked the air from her lungs, and she pulled at his shirt, wanting less fabric between the two.

"Eric," she gasped against his mouth and he pulled away ever so slightly to get rid of his shirt. It was flung somewhere into her room. If he had a heart, it would have leaped out of his chest at the sight of the Italian beauty underneath him, cheeks tinted red and lips swollen from his assault on them "I need you."

Eric clenched his teeth together and his fangs threatened to slip from his gums. God, he loved the way she talked he needed to hear it again "Say it again."

Gabriela smiled slyly at him "Eric, I need you."

The viking closed his eyes for a moment and let the meaning of her words sink in. He hadn't been able to stop thinking about her since the night before, when they were so rudely interrupted.