Chapter 55: In the Beginning

Eric and Gabriela stood side by side, watching the scene in front of them with wide eyes

Eric and Gabriela stood side by side, watching the scene in front of them with wide eyes. Russell stood on top of Roman's remains, before his eyes shifted towards the mate couple.

"Level one protocol!" After the yell everyone crouched down, except for Bill, Eric and Gabriela.

Before she or Eric had realized what had happened, Russell had speed up towards the Nephilim and grabbed her by her jacket, before he throw her towards one of the pillars. Gabriela's back hit the concrete and she cry out in pain, before she fall down.

Bill quickly speed up towards the Nephilim and lean over her "Gabi? You okay?" He softly asked her, she only groaned in pain before she carefully leaned on her elbows and turned towards Eric and Russell.

Russell was on top of Eric, smirking at the viking "You and me, together at last."

Eric furiously snarled at the older vampire, who snarled back at him before the lights were turned off.

"Eric!" Gabriela yelled in fear, as she stood up with Bill's help, both stood side by side looking around for the viking.

"Northman!" Bill yelled as he looked around.

"Eric!" Gabriela screamed, while fear filled her whole body when she didn't saw her mate anywhere.

Both of them continued to yell for Eric, while shielding their eyes from the blinding lights. Just then the guards walked in, yelling for chancellors to remain shielded when the lights turned on.

Gabriela blinked a few times as she looked around the room, Russell was covered in a silver net but there was no Eric.

"Eric?" Bill called out looking around for his friend, before he looked at one of the pillars. He grabbed Gabriela's hand and turned her around making her look at the pillar.

"Eric?" Gabriela softly asked as she and Bill walked towards him.

He was pinned against one of the pillars with a silver noose around his neck "The view from up here is spectacular." He sarcastically told them as Russell started laughting and pointing at the viking.

" He sarcastically told them as Russell started laughting and pointing at the viking