𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 7:- 𝓑𝓮𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓕𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓓𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓻𝓮

"In the midst of the storm, their worlds collided-fear and desire entwining in the darkness, leaving them on the edge of something dangerous and undeniable."

Ivan's pov:
~~~~~~~~~
"Maybe you're right. Maybe there are still good people out there, but they're damn hard to find," I say, my voice laced with skepticism, yet softened by her touch. It’s a strange sensation, my words aren’t as sharp as they usually are.

She doesn’t hesitate. "That’s TRUE. Don’t judge me, but do you have a girlfriend?"

Her question catches me completely off guard, as if someone just dropped an anvil in the middle of a quiet room. I blink, looking at her, wondering where that came from. "Girlfriend? Why are you asking me about my relationship status all of a sudden?" I raise an eyebrow, trying to keep my cool, though I can’t deny the curiosity stirring inside me.

She shrugs casually, but there’s something deeper in her tone. "Because in this state, people will find a partner who can comfort them. Don’t get me wrong, but parents here are not the ones who can help us through it. Only a partner can, and you choose people around you very carefully, so she can comfort you. Just be yourself around her. I hope I didn’t offend you with my statement."

Her words sink in deeper than I want to admit, but I keep my expression guarded. She has no idea what it’s like to be me. What she’s saying makes sense, but it's easier said than done. "You're not wrong. Having a partner who can support and comfort you through tough times is important. That’s what a relationship should be about. But finding someone I can be myself around is... difficult." The words come out slower now, more thoughtful. "I have a reputation to uphold, a persona I have to maintain. It’s not easy to just let that go, even with someone I care about."

She watches me, her gaze steady. "Mr. Foster, I know there's a lot to think about, but trust me, if you just find the right one, it will help you take the weight off your chest."

Her hand tightens on my shoulder, and the sensation is like a shock to my system. That small gesture—a squeeze, a reassurance—stirs something inside me I don’t recognize. "You make it sound so simple..." I laugh, though there’s no humor in it. "But you’re right. I know deep down that the right person would make a world of difference. I just... I don’t know how to let my guard down, to be vulnerable and open myself up to someone. It’s not something I’m used to."

She looks at me with those wide, knowing eyes, and there’s something there—something understanding. "Just like you are sharing with a stranger like me, so think—when you share it with her, she can support you 1000 times better than anything."

I glance at her, and suddenly, my defenses crack. Damn it. She’s right again. I'm telling her things I don’t even tell people I know. Why is it so easy with her? Why is she breaking through when no one else can?

"You're right. I’m sharing things with you, a complete stranger, and it’s... easier than I thought. I’m being more honest than I usually am. It’s just so hard to imagine being that open with someone I actually care about." My voice is quieter now, as if admitting this is pulling something painful to the surface. "What if they think less of me, or worse, use it against me?"

Her voice softens, and I feel myself leaning in instinctively, drawn closer by something unspoken. She says something under her breath, but it’s too quiet to hear.

I tilt my head, heart racing as I near her. "What was that? You said something, but I couldn’t quite catch it."

She smiles, almost teasingly, though there’s warmth behind it. "It’s okay to think, but it’s not okay to overthink. People would die to have your IQ level."