𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10:- 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓗𝓮𝓻

"In the stillness of dawn, he realized she had left more than just her presence behind-she had left a mark on him that he couldn't ignore."

Ivan's POV:
~~~~~~~~~~

I watch her leave, her figure growing smaller with each step. My hands clench as I whisper, "Goodbye, then."

The word slips out softly, and for the first time in years, I feel an odd hesitation. A strange emptiness fills the air as her footsteps fade. I stay rooted, breathing in the quiet, her presence lingering like an unfinished melody that won’t stop playing in my head.

My fingers rake through my hair in frustration. This is ridiculous. I’m not one to get attached. She’s just another person passing through my life, just another...

But as I glance around the empty store, the silence almost taunts me. I can feel the void her departure leaves behind. The fire in her eyes, her witty comebacks, that damned defiant spark—it’s all gone. And for a brief, maddening moment, I want her back here, throwing snarky remarks my way, testing every ounce of patience I have.

I try to shake it off, focus on the present. But hell, my mind drifts back to her anyway. Where is she now? Is she safe? I can’t quite let it go. *Why do I care?*

The manager walks in, breaking my thoughts with his usual casual tone.

"I hope everything went well last night," he says, his eyes darting around as if he’s expecting damage.

I hand him the keys and nod, half-listening. "No broken shelves, if that’s what you’re worried about."

He lets out a relieved chuckle. "That's a relief. I was half-expecting to find the place upside down."

"Well, lucky for you, we didn't bring down the roof," I reply, managing a faint smile.

“Take care, Mr. Foster,” he says, waving as I walk out.

Stepping outside, I inhale deeply, the rain-soaked air a refreshing change. The streets are washed clean, and the world feels strangely new, quiet, peaceful even. And yet, I’m restless.

I walk, my footsteps echoing in the empty streets as dawn begins to break. It’s nearly 5 a.m., but there’s a calmness to this silence I don’t often get to experience. I should be relishing it, but I feel out of place, like the city has shifted and left me behind.

Eventually, I find myself back at the office, grabbing my car, and driving home. The roads are deserted, and the usual buzz of city life hasn’t kicked in yet. I should feel calm. Instead, I’m somewhere between confusion and frustration.

Once home, I head straight for a shower, letting the hot water beat down on me, trying to scrub away the remnants of last night. But no matter what I do, her face, her voice, her damn stubbornness—all of it clings to me like a shadow I can’t shake.

Under the spray, I feel it again—this inexplicable pull, this need to know her. More than I’d like to admit, it’s unsettling. I’m Ivan Foster; I don’t get distracted. And yet, here I am, haunted by the fire in her eyes, her defiant grin, the way she stands her ground without flinching.

Once I’m done, I dry off, grabbing my phone. I make a call, the edges of a smile curling as I hang up.

"I always get what I want."

Oh, you feisty little thing. You have no idea the mess you’ve made in my head. I don’t take this lightly. There’s something waiting for you—something you couldn’t possibly see coming.

You may be young, but there’s a fire in you I can’t ignore. Feisty, intriguing, irresistible. And now, there’s a clock ticking for you, Misti.
______________________________________________________________________

Well, well, well... what is our dear Ivan plotting?

You saw it, right? That glint in his eye, that smirk... Oh, something's definitely up! 👀 And what about that big surprise he's planning? 🎁💥 Let me tell you, it's not going to be what Misti expects. Oh no, not at all. 😈

And speaking of Misti... our girl is still tangled up in that internship mess. 😬 Can she even manage to dig herself out? Or is Ivan about to pull her even deeper into his world? 🌪️

But hey, I can't give away too much... You'll just have to stick around for the next chapter to find out what Ivan's got up his sleeve! 🎩✨ *You're not ready for the heat that's about to unfold!* 🔥🔥

Is it just me, or is Ivan acting a little... you know, obsessed? 😜

Stay tuned, my loves! Next chapter is coming with some serious drama, surprises, and, of course, more Ivan-Misti chemistry. You don't want to miss this! 😏💫

Until then, stay safe, stay happy, and don't forget to hit that vote button and follow if you're loving this ride! 🎢💖