𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 16:- 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓓𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓻𝓮

"Sometimes, letting go isn't about surrendering; it's about trusting someone to hold you so close they never let you fall."

Warning: Mature content

Author's pov :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr. Foster shakes his head adamantly, his grip on Misti tightening as if he's afraid to let go, as if she might slip away forever.

"Don't say that. You're not the 'wrong' girl. You're the only one I want. I don't care about your past, your supposed 'warnings.' I only care about having you, about building a future together. You might doubt yourself, but I don't doubt my feelings for you, not for a second."

Misti feels her heart squeeze painfully at his words. Her chest tightens, and she struggles to keep her voice steady. "You're being foolish right now," she whispers, her voice wavering. "It's surprising to see a businessman like you losing your mind, your ability to even identify right and wrong." Her throat constricts, and she feels the sting of tears before one slips down her cheek, betraying her guarded composure.

Mr. Foster's gaze softens immediately, his heart twisting at the sight of her tears. He lifts his hand, gently brushing the tear away with his thumb, his touch as soft as a whisper.

"Maybe I am being foolish," he murmurs, his voice low, laced with pain. "But sometimes, we have to be foolish when it comes to matters of the heart." His eyes search hers, desperate and full of raw emotion. "I can't deny my feelings for you, no matter how hard I try. You make me feel more alive, more human than anyone ever has. I don't care about right or wrong. I care about *you*."

"Idiot," she mutters, her tone harsh, but there's a tremor in her voice, her vulnerability seeping through despite her best efforts.

Mr. Foster lets out a soft, amused huff at her response. Even now, with the tension between them hanging heavy in the air, he can't help but find her utterly endearing.

"Call me an idiot all you want," he mutters gruffly, a small, lopsided smile tugging at his lips. "But I'm *your* idiot now, and I'm not going anywhere."

Misti takes a shaky breath, feeling her resolve crumbling. Her heart pounds in her chest, the emotions swirling inside her becoming too much to contain. This-whatever this is-feels unfamiliar, overwhelming. She can't fight him, can't push him away. Instead, she just stands there, spitting out nonsense, feeling powerless to stop the storm brewing between them. But does she *really* want to stop it?

Trying to clear her mind, she speaks, her voice trembling as she forces herself to stay calm. "I'm just 19. How am I the one for you? I don't know how to keep someone in my life. I'm careless. That's why I never let anyone get too close. I've never kissed anyone, never slept with anyone. I haven't done anything because I'm not someone to love."

The words spill out of her mouth, unfiltered, raw, and full of uncertainty. For the first time in her life, she's opening up, revealing the side of herself that she's always kept hidden, unknowingly letting her guard down in front of him.

Mr. Foster's expression softens, the intensity in his eyes replaced by something far more gentle. His hand moves to her hair, running through the soft strands with a tenderness she didn't expect from him.

"You're still young, yes," he says softly, his voice a quiet reassurance, "but that doesn't matter to me. Age is just a number, and you have so much life ahead of you." He pauses, his gaze locking with hers, full of sincerity. "I don't expect you to be perfect; I don't *need* you to be. What you've done or haven't done doesn't define your worth. You don't need experience to be loved, to be cared for. You're more than enough, just the way you are."