𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11:- 𝓦𝓪𝓵𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓸𝓷'𝓼 𝓓𝓮𝓷

"In his world of power and control, she was the unexpected challenge that he couldn't ignore-and for her, this was only the beginning."

Misti's POV:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No need to explain. I already know everything, and honestly... it shocks me."

I bite my lip nervously, feeling my heart pounding like a runaway train. *Oh no, I’m dead. Mr. Foster must have said something—and knowing him, it’s probably twisted in his own charming, terrifying way.* Anxiety grips my stomach, and I desperately try to calm myself down. *Keep it together, Misti. You can’t fall apart now.*

The professor clears his throat, his voice thoughtful yet careful. "Mr. Foster informed us about your situation," he says, as if he's revealing some great secret, "and he made it quite clear—he wants you to get the internship."

*Wait, what?* The words are like a splash of ice-cold water. My brain goes into overdrive as I stare at the professor, my mouth slightly agape. *Mr. Foster called? And he actually wants me to get the internship?*

I turn to the department head, eyes wide, blinking as though I've just heard the most unbelievable thing. "Wait, Mr. Foster *called*? And... he actually wants me to get the internship?"

The department head nods, his expression a blend of irritation and bemusement. "Yes, that's correct. He said you have great potential and that under his guidance, you would grow even more." He pauses, eyeing me as if he can’t quite believe what he’s saying. "He mentioned you'll be helping him in Human Resources and Research. He believes you have a unique perspective that could help him… understand people better."

*Unique perspective?* A strange mix of pride and nervousness bubbles up inside me. *Is this his way of saying he wants me under his thumb for the next month?* My heart flutters in a way it really shouldn’t.

"He also mentioned that you'll need to spend ten hours a day with him," the department head adds nonchalantly, as if this isn’t the most overwhelming news I've heard all year, "and the pay will be… significant. Enough to make a big difference for someone working hard for a scholarship like you."

*Ten hours?* My heart skips a beat, the weight of that number settling in. *Every day, for a month... with Mr. Foster?*

"And he wants you to start today," the department head continues, his tone matter-of-fact, while I try to catch my breath.

*Today?* I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. This can’t be happening, right? Just yesterday, he was teasing me to the point of madness, and now he wants me to work with him all day, every day? My mind spins in a mix of disbelief and nerves.

"And the timing?" I ask, feeling my voice tremble just a little.

"He wants you to meet him as soon as possible." The professor glances at his watch, then gives me a pointed look. "Misti, this is a golden opportunity. Don’t waste it."

I inhale deeply, trying to control the whirlwind of emotions. *Right. This is my chance.* “Thank you, sir. I’ll give it my best.”

With that, I head out of the office, still processing the situation. *He wants me to work with him. He *requested* me to work with him.* It’s surreal, like I’ve stepped into one of those crazy romance novels I secretly love.

Outside, I wave down a cab, climbing in and giving the driver Mr. Foster's address. As we speed down the road, questions flood my mind. *Why did he change his mind? What does he want from me?* My hands fidget on my lap, betraying my nerves. Somehow, I feel both terrified and excited.

When we finally arrive at the building, I’m hit with a wave of intimidation. Everything is sleek, professional, and I realize that, in a way, it suits him perfectly. *Alright, Misti. Chin up. You’re here to prove yourself.*