𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 13:- 𝓒𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓗𝓲𝓼 𝓟𝓸𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

"In every stolen glance and unspoken word, his jealousy burned brighter than any confession could."

Misti's POV:
~~~~~~~~~~~

A man walks into the room. I assume he's one of the employees.

Mr. Foster notices how the man looks at me-his eyes shamelessly wandering over me with appreciation. I see Mr. Foster's jaw clench slightly, a flicker of irritation crossing his eyes before he quickly masks it behind his usual stoic expression.

He clears his throat, his gaze shifting toward the man. "Can I help you?" His tone is sharp, laced with authority and a hint of subtle annoyance.

"Sir, the documents are ready. We just need your signature, and then we can send them to the department for further processing. The design needs to be verified by you as well; I've already sent the file to your computer. Just check it and let me know if any changes are necessary." The man's eyes struggle to stay on Mr. Foster as he speaks, clearly distracted by me.

I'm too focused on the task Mr. Foster has assigned me to pay much attention to their exchange.

Mr. Foster listens, his gaze briefly flickering toward me as I work. He gives a small nod. "I see. I'll take a look at the document and let you know if any changes are necessary."

The man hands over the documents, standing there expectantly, clearly waiting for Mr. Foster's assurance.

Mr. Foster takes the papers, scanning through them. He nods, appearing satisfied. "Everything seems in order. I'll give it another look and let you know if there are any changes needed."

Despite having completed his task, the man lingers. His gaze drifts back toward me, his eyes lingering a little too long on my outfit. I can feel the heat of his stare.

Mr. Foster's irritation flares up again. His tone sharpens. "Is there anything else?"

"No, sir. That's it," the man stammers, finally tearing his gaze away.

Mr. Foster gestures toward the door. "Alright then, you're dismissed. I'll review the documents and let you know my decision."

As the man turns to leave, he gives me one last lingering, lustful look. My skin crawls under his gaze. Mr. Foster notices it, his jaw tightening as his grip on the documents becomes visibly firmer. He's barely keeping his composure now.

Once the man is out of earshot, Mr. Foster's eyes land on me, his voice tense. "Do you have to attract every male in this office?"

I smirk, unable to resist. "Not every. You're not attracted to me, so no, not every man."

Mr. Foster raises an eyebrow, surprise flickering across his face. "You certainly have a way with words, don't you? You think I don't find you attractive?"

I lean back slightly, a playful glint in my eye. "Well, you don't look at me like I'm your seven-course meal, unlike them."

Mr. Foster rolls his eyes slightly, but I notice the irritation softening. "That's quite the comparison. But you're right, I'm not drooling over you like they are. That's a good thing, isn't it?"

I chuckle softly. "Yeah, having one real man around is definitely a good thing. At least I feel safe here. I don't know what I'd do if you put my desk outside your office."

Mr. Foster chuckles, too, the sound low and deep. "A 'real man,' huh? I'll take that as a compliment. And don't worry, you're staying here, close to my office. I won't let those other idiots bother you."