★ If it is you

Warnings: none

Genre: fluff

Words: 3585

Publish date: 5-09-24

Notes: See the end of the shot for more notes.

★★★

Jeongin sat cross-legged on his bed, biting his lip nervously as he scrolled through endless articles and videos on his laptop. His room was dimly lit, the soft glow of fairy lights casting a warm, comforting ambiance. Tomorrow was Valentine's Day, and for the first time in his life, Jeongin had a boyfriend—Hyunjin. The thought made his heart flutter and his stomach churn in equal parts excitement and anxiety.

"What do I even do for him?" Jeongin mumbled to himself, running a hand through his messy hair.

Hyunjin was a whirlwind of charm and confidence, always knowing how to sweep Jeongin off his feet. But Jeongin? He’d never been in a relationship before, let alone experienced Valentine’s Day with someone special. He had no idea what to do to make it memorable. His laptop’s search history was filled with “Valentine’s Day date ideas,” “gifts for boyfriends,” and “how to make your first Valentine’s Day special.”

Frustrated and no closer to finding answers, Jeongin decided to do what he always did when in doubt: ask his friends. With a sigh, he grabbed his phone and opened the group chat with his closest friends. The group chat was always buzzing with random chatter, jokes, and occasional bits of advice.

Jeongin typed quickly, sending his message into the chat:

Jeongin: "Hey guys... I need some help... Tomorrow’s Valentine’s Day, and I have no idea what to do for Hyunjin 😅 It’s my first time celebrating this kinda thing, so... any ideas?"

It didn’t take long for the responses to flood in.

Minho: "Ohhh, it’s *Valentine’s Day*! First time, huh? Let’s gooooo 👀"

Han: "Don't worry, Innie, we got you. Just keep it simple—romantic dinner, maybe some flowers..."

For a moment, Jeongin felt a wave of relief, thinking the advice was going in the right direction. But then Minho chimed in again.

Minho: "OR... and hear me out... drape yourself in chocolate and present yourself as the dessert."

Jeongin blinked at his screen, his cheeks instantly heating up.

Jeongin: "Minho, what the hell?!"

But it didn’t stop there.

Changbin: "LMAO, Minho’s right though. You should definitely go for something... sweet. 🍫"

Felix: "Yeah, and make sure you get the good kind of chocolate. Don’t skimp on quality. Hyunjin’s worth it 😏."

Jeongin groaned, burying his face in his hands. Of course, this was the kind of advice his friends would give him. He should’ve known better.

Seungmin: "Or you could just keep it classy... but honestly, where’s the fun in that? 😉"

The conversation quickly spiraled out of control. Within minutes, the group chat exploded with ridiculous ideas and suggestive comments, everyone throwing out wild suggestions like “cover yourself in whipped cream” or “surprise him wearing nothing but a bow.”

Jeongin shook his head, laughing despite himself as his phone continued to vibrate with notifications. His friends were losing the plot entirely.

Bang Chan: "Guys, guys, calm down. Jeongin’s just asking for advice, not a porno script 😅."