Chapter Fifty-Five: He's passed the test.

I was once again a human shield, but this time I was standing in front of Austin willingly.

"No harming Austin."

Thomas shook his head, "totally unfair, Jess. We deserve to punch him."

"What did I do?" Austin whispered into my ear loudly.

I looked up at him, "we kissed."

"So, this is the voicemail?"

I nodded at him, not knowing what to say to him. I didn't know if he wanted people knowing we kissed. I mean, we still haven't spoken about it.

"Correction," Lee spoke up, "you kissed Jess without passing the test."

I looked up at Austin who looked very confused. "If it helps, I don't know what they are talking about either."

"It's a need to know bases," Andrew piped up.

I tilted my head at him, "shouldn't we be the two to actually know then, considering we're the kissing people."

"The kissing people?" Austin repeated, "Melody, you make it sound like we're committed a crime."

I rolled my eyes, leaning against him as I stared at the guys. "No punching Austin. Am I clear?"

"But he needs to pass," Thomas whined before he turned to Reece and Freddie who were abnormally quiet. "Why aren't you two backing us up?"

Austin's hands slipped around my waist as the guys were occupied. I tilted my head backwards to look at him to see a smile on his lips.

"He'll pass," I heard Freddie say and I looked back to the guys to see Freddie smiling at me.

I smiled back at him. I didn't even know what the guys were talking about, but I knew if I told them that I think I liked Austin, they would approve.

"Oh, I think he already has," Reece said, as he winked at me.

Austin's hands left my waist, "Wait a minute, how do you know about this test?"

"Fred told me," Reece shrugged.

Austin narrowed his eyes at him, "and you didn't tell me?"

"You weren't going to tell me you kissed her."

"That's different and she has a name."

"That you haven't even said yet."

"You still haven't said her name yet?" Freddie asked, glancing at me, "you let him kiss you without saying your name?"

"Jesus Christ," Austin groaned, his hands wrapping back around my waist as he rested his chin on the top of my head, "why the hell does the name thing matter?"

"It's her name," Lee said in a 'duh' tone.

"Maybe he's allergic to saying it," Thomas conspired.

I shook my head, glancing at the clock on the wall in the middle of the hallway. I had two hours till mom came home and started to panic pack. I had two hours to pack and say my goodbyes.

"I'm not fucking allergic," Austin muttered, "would all of you leave me alone now? Jesus, I just came back and I want to leave again."

"Ah, but then you'll never get to kiss Jess again," Andrew countered.

I shook my head, glancing at them all. "Stop annoying Austin and go upstairs, would you all?"

They all grumbled as they walked away and towards the stairs. I turned around and grinned up at the boy behind me. "Hi, Austin."