The Invitation

★ Innessa

It have been two weeks since the trip and actually, the things have been going really smoothly. It's the mid of September and til now, I have realized that Mustafa is beginning to trust me as well as Abdul Aziz since I have been working together with Nazli and Hira to manage their work sometimes in their absence and my designs have been becoming really liked in the community as well. My purpose is being fulfilled just now but for some reason, it is the first time I feel hesitant in my mission. Sometimes I feel bad betraying Nazli, Hira, other friendly colleagues and a person like Mustafa.

I sometimes feel bad for Mustafa, sometimes I want to assassinate him and go back to the agency, sometimes I want to genuinely learn about him more. I don't even know what is happening with me but whatever is the case, I couldn't careless because I still remember Alexander's words...

I sighed with exhaustion after thinking about all this situation as Leyla addressed me.

" Here. Feel tired just by that little work? " Leyla said while handing me a can of soda as she entered my cubicle and stood beside me.
Leyla Oztürk, my fellow colleague from the same department who have became quiet an acquaintance after the company trip. She was wearing a royal blue coloured dress with an off-white scarf around her neck, straight hair til her shoulders and bangs. Brown, diamond shaped eyes with alittle bit of makeup on her face. A white watch on her left wrist while a bracelet was wore by her in her other wrist.

" Actually that's not the case. Sitting in front of a screen and pushing some buttons is tiring. " I said with a smile as I took the offered can and opened it.
" That means the same. " Leyla grinned as she sat infront of me and flipped through the pages of my documents in a bored manner. " Have you heard about that ceremony which is going to be held in the first week of October? " Leyla questioned with genuine curiosity and smiled as she leaned closer.
" Is that right? " I questioned back while taking a sip.
" You don't know Katrina? " Leyla declared in pure disappointment. " It is a ceremony held every year in where actual big and successful businessmen and women come to enjoy their evenings - it's sort of a party. Sir Mustafa visits it every year! Hiranur didn't told you? "
" No? I literally came like two months ago so it's natural for me to not know Leyla. " I declared with coldness as she scoffed.
" But wasn't their an event in August? What was that for? " I asked with a puzzled expression.
" That was basically for sharing ideas and it is just a basic networking event however this is more like a party. Themes and dress codes are decided for everyone and entertainment is provided too! Everyone dance, sing and eat. " Leyla further informed about the ceremony as I listened to her silently.
" But wait... Sir Mustafa does not like entertainment then how he spends his time? "
" He just meets everyone and come back before all that part. "
" What? " I asked with surprise.
" I mean he either leaves or goes into a more isolated room where no sound can be reached. Afterwards, he leaves. "

That's interesting. Wanna know why? Because a thought just sparkled into my mind.

" So who are going? "
" Every head of department, as usual but sir Abdul Aziz will not be going I guess. "
" Why? "

Mustafa's best buddy isn't going with Mustafa?

" Because he has to attend his sister's wedding in Pakistan at the end of September. He has to go back to his country at the end of this week." Leyla said as she relaxed in her sofa and sat back. She was continuesly playing with her one silky strand of hair.
" So is somebody else going to go with him as a substitute for sir Abdul Aziz or...? "
" Oh absolutely! I believe sir Mustafa will do something to not leave such a huge hole. " She grinned as she looked at me.
" What? "
" Nothing I was just thinking that what if you'll be chosen to go. "
" With sir Mustafa? Give me a break! I will be the last one to believe that he'll ask a woman to go with him in the place of his secretary. "

We were conversing as well as teasing and chuckling together when my telephone suddenly rang. I picked it up to hear Hira's from other side of the phone, she told me that I was summoned by Mustafa in his office.

Okay now that is surprising. Mustafa called me in his office? I wonder why.

" Well Leyla, sir Mustafa have summoned me in his office. We will talk at some other time. " I smiled at her and stood up to go outside while she just laughed before saying " If he'll ask you to come to the ceremony then just agree, okay?"

Afterwards, I went into the elevator, still smiling. People are just destined to meet few people who'll enlighten their lives, aren't they? Nazli, Hiranur, Leyla and others. I was thinking such memories the few minutes I was in the elevator before getting off, knocking onto the large wooden door as the sun continued to drown and moon takes its place; the sun setting was occuring.

" Come in. " Mustafa commanded from the other side of the door as I entered.
" You called for me, sir? " I questioned as I walked up to his table while he continued do his work, his cold, lowered gaze, hair coming til his brows since they were messed as the day went on. His everything was spot on. Mustafa was the definition of good looks.

" Yes actually I was meaning to discuss something with you. " Mustafa continued speaking as he sat up straight " As you know that the ceremony is coming just after two weeks and Abdul Aziz isn't present at the moment. I was wondering can you come along with us as the substitute for him? " Mustafa questions while I internally got really happy.
" Yes absolutely sir! I am always ready to fill in anybody's shoes. " I said with a smile as he didn't showed any emotions and continued his conversation
" You can get further details about it from miss Hiranur. Thank you, you are dismissed now. "

Mustafa said in his usual tone while looking at the documents as I was about to excuse myself afterwards to go downstairs to Hiranur but I paused.

" Sir? "
" Hm? "
" Would you fancy a cup of coffee? "
" No, thank you. I actually have to offer my prayer right now. You can bring it after ten minutes. "
" It is the time for prayer already? "
" Yes. That is why if you'll excuse yourself, only then I'll be able to pray in my office. "
Mustafa said as he stood up while I got a weird feeling in my stomach, maybe it was impressiveness?
" Yes absolutely sir! I'll excuse myself. If you'll need help or assistance in anything, I am always available. "

Although Mustafa didn't responded, I still went outside for the first time without getting angry.

Mustafa is impressive, I've no idea how people hate him.

Shut up Innessa!

I rubbed my forehead in irritation. What's happening with me? After a while, I came back with a cup of coffee in my hands and knocked onto the door but no response. I knocked again and no response again. And when no commandment was given after the third knock, I opened the door slowly to see Mustafa still praying while facing the opposite direction of the door.

Oh my, did I came early? I quietly went up to his table, put the coffee there and turned back to go in my cubicle but for some reason, my feet were frozen at the place. As if I wanted to watch him offer his prayer.

I stood just infront of the door as I started looking at Mustafa going to the prostration position as he muttered some words under his breath, stood up straight before getting on both of his knees and prostrating twice. Looking at him pray so calmly gave me a slight urge of doing the same movements he was doing. However after three minutes, when he finished his prayer, his calm expressions suddenly turned cold.

" Miss Katrina, you may go now. I already made it clear that you are dismissed. Thank you. " Mustafa said as he folded his prayer mat and put it inside the lower portion of the cardboard he had in his office. For some reason, I felt bad.

" I am sorry sir! I will go and do my work just now. " I excused myself and went downstairs to Hira to get the details about the ceremony.

Mustafa doing his religious acts so calmly and beautifully makes me forget about every hatred I had in my heart and do the same he is doing. He's truly different from every other man I've met.

I unconsciously smiled to myself while thinking about him in the elevator.

- - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - •