Sabotage in Sight

★ Mustafa

Today's just another casual day of my life but every time I go to my office, my colleagues end up enlightening my day just by pulling of something comedic... something stupid, I should rather admit.

" Aslam-o-alaikum Abdul Aziz " I said while entering my office but I was paused by seeing what he was doing.
" What are you doing ? " I questioned with a puzzled expression.
" Dusting your shelf. Ugh, you don't dust your furniture and you're out there making furniture for others ? " Abdul Aziz taunted. He had his sleeves folded up to his elbows while he was dusting the corners.
" Man ! I literally dusted them yesterday and they were clean. " I casually declared while he unbelievably glared at him, threw his dusting cloth and dragged me to the shelves.
" Cleaned ? Then what is this ? " He pointed at a corner.
" Then I am expressing my gratitude to you by asking how was the experience cleaning all that. How was it ? " I smirked while I let myself go from his grip and sat onto my chair. Looking at him irritated expression was so fun until he sighed and started arranging all of the books into the shelves calmly.
" What about Katrina? Is she doing well ? "
" Hiranur told me that her designs are fascinating and she might become the reason for increasing our sales. " Abdul Aziz said as he sat on the sofa Infront of me.
" Well, we will see. Inshallah they will. "
There was nothing but the noise of the air conditioner and my papers rustling until he spoke once again.
" You know what else Hiranur reported ?"
I plainly looked at him.
" That she has a weird obsession with mythical creatures. " Abdul Aziz for my reaction while I processed.
" Wait- what? "
" Mustafa better watch out, maybe you annoying me so much these days will cost you by people see your company selling a carpet with mermaid on instead of the traditional antique carpets you sell. "
" What kind of prayer you are doing for me , Abdul Aziz? "
" Not a prayer, just an assumption." Abdul Aziz chuckled before exiting the office room while leaving me all by myself.

' What just happened.. ' I said while rubbing my face.
Considering what happened last night at the family dinner, how the only people who were seemingly waiting for me were Aylin, Ayhan and Naina, it already wore me out and now the nervousness I have is eating me alive. What if our sales decrease ? I'll get attacked by my parents for not becoming a doctor like they had intended for me to become. Although I used to be a doctor at my father's hospital, since that wasn't my passion I left it. Right now I still know how to operate medical procedures, I would still choose this occupation every single time. My stress finally came to an end by remembering a verse;
( And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent. [65:3] )
I realized finally that I didn't had to do anything but just trust Allah's plan because people may plan but Allah's plans are the best ones.
I quickly isolates from everything disturbing and started working.

- - - - • - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - •

★ Innessa

Working here is such a pain. It had already been a week since I have been working here.
Supposedly, there is a new network program event coming up at the end of this month where every successful Turkish businessmen have to come and present their ideas Infront of everybody. Appearantly Mustafa is going there along with Abdul Aziz and head of the few departments, so everybody is busy nowadays. Since nobody actually have any business with Mustafa except the departments' head, it is difficult to carry out my mission. I want to wrap it up alittle. Every single thing about Islam is irritating me; the way Hiranur always replies any questions with an Islamic perspective irritates me to one such hell of an extent. Another thing which annoys me is that, women aren't allowed to wear anything above their knees here and anything below their neck is ridiculous. My thoughts were shattered when I saw Abdul Aziz running errands from department to department. From one to two, two to three, three to four. After forty five minutes, he went into the elevator. Maybe to his office.

' He's too free to actually worry about the event that much, huh ? if only I knew about what information Mustafa is about to present, I would sabotage the event.'

" Hey Katrina ! " Hiranur called me as I was still lost in my thought while sitting on the sofas in the waiting area.
" Oh- Hey Hira. " I smiled at her.
Instead of Hiranur, I started to call her Hira. So that trust could build up although I dislike her as whole.
" What're you doing here ? I had some business with you. "
" I felt exhausted from sketching the designs so I decided to come here for a while. " I stood up while stretching my arms. Hiranur nodded when I thought of asking her.

" Hey.. why sir Abdul Aziz is so tensed nowadays ? "
" Because of the upcoming network program; this time, it is our company's turn to organize the event so pressure is upon us. But the only work and arrangements is being handled by him right now. Sir Mustafa cannot since he is busy handling the other business stuff while sir Abdul Aziz is arranging everything and getting approval of sir Mustafa. "
" Then why don't he take the help of the heads ? "
" He is surely telling the heads to present their works but handing out important documents, maintaining the guest list, organizing the projectors, speakers and other required equipments for the event along with few other stuff is tough but he doesn't want to pressurize anybody I guess. "

' if it was me, I would've left my job along time ago... '
Hiranur was about to drag me along with her cubicle when I pardoned myself and made an excuse. An idea came in my mind. Sabotaging the event wouldn't result in good consequences, would it? Perhaps I shall try it.

" Hey... I have to talk to Sir Abdul Aziz.. " I said as an interesting idea came into my mind.
" Any reason for doing so? " Hiranur questioned.
" Something important. I'll return hastely! "
" Well, make sure to return back quickly, I'd that right ? He dislikes it when interrupted while he's busy. ”
A pause before whispering “ He is really horrifying when he's angry you know ! ”
I laughed loudly and continued; " Hah! it's fine. I'll make sure to not get scolded. " I ran to my cubicle to get my bag and laptop.

- - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - •