Test of Faith

★ Innessa

Today was the day of event. Although I didn't got much time to arrange sabotaging during the arrangements however I will today do it.
Asides from that, dress code for today is green maxi skirt with full sleeved shirt and a green coloured silk scarf. For men of course it was different, dark green suit with a white shirt underneath the coat. Hiranur told me that silk was forbidden for men and no free mixing between the opposite genders will be allowed.

However currently, this isn't my biggest concern. I am still overwhelmed by the thought that will I really accomplish which I was planning throughout the week and ruin Mustafa's and his company's image Infront of everyone including his family or just let them be doubtful of me? It truly is frightening considering how I get a weird feeling around Nazli and his brother. It truly is unexplainable but whenever I face them, it feels like something is going to happen. Only thing I am capable of right now is to shut down every thought about them and just focus on my mission. Otherwise...

I looked down at my own self as I just finished getting ready for the event. I'm relieved that I brought some new clothes with me otherwise I would've gotten into the trouble of buying new clothes. I checked the time through my cell phone; 03:30 pm and the event was going to start at 04:00 p.m. Well good for them. I started putting everything into my purse and looked myself into the mirror for the last time before leaving my apartment. I may not be arrogant but I do pride myself over wearing beautiful attire; pastel green maxi skirt with floral design, an embroidered green shirt with cute long sleeves, a black belt a green purse. Vasilisa's gifts finally came handy. But we cannot change the face, can we ? The same face with freckles and glasses. That maybe is the flaw. However when I reached the venue, I saw how packed it was. Employees were running from there to here, here to there. It was my first time being in an event which is arranged by a company because that old hag just cares about stealing the honorable position from Mustafa instead of actually being alittle chill, creative and sociable. My thoughts were shattered when I heard a familiar voice from behind.
" Katrina ! You finally have arrived. " Hiranur joyfully claimed. Green coloured khimr with a dark green abaya. Everything was covered yet it felt like she was the only one shining in the immense hall.
" Yes Hira. I'm sorry. I'm not late, am I? "
" Not that late but not earlier too. On special occasions, you've to arrive early to help others you know. But I'm sparing you now because you are still new! " And she smiled. Although her whole face was covered, I could feel that she would've smile. Now that I came to think of it, I have never seen Hiranur without Hijab... disgrace.
" Ah thank you so much, Hira! I'm indebted to you. But is there any work left which I can do ? "
" No, everyone else already had done everything they could do. Like arranging seats, decorations etc. "
" Hmm. What about Sir Mustafa? Where's he ? "
"Oh he's outside. He was helping us arranging the venue. "
Okay now that is surprising.
" What? Sir Mustafa... is the CEO. Shouldn't he be supposedly doing other work or just order around? " I questioned curiosly with a spark of surprise but Hiranur just laughed.
" What? " I asked, irritated.
" You've been here for two weeks already and yet you don't know what kind of a human is he? He always willingly helps us and others too! Sir Mustafa have always been such a man; kind, hardworking, caring and humble. He's more than just a CEO, he's a Muslim and a human before he became the CEO, Katrina. " She calmly started explaining while I was listening to her silently. I should've known what kind of person he is after protecting me but... it is still surprising. I have never seen such a man like him before.
" Well I am going, Nazli must be waiting for me upstairs. Join us shortly after if you want to ! See you. " Hiranur said as she started going upstairs while I just waved at her. Afterwards I came near the door which was leading outside to the big garden to witness him working and Mustafa was there. I kind of stood behind the glass door so that nobody would notice me completely. White button shirt, emerald coloured pants and his coat of the same colour which was present on one of the chairs. Sleeves folded up til his elbows, messy almond coloured hair which were currently messy, gentle jade eyes which were fixated on the LED lights He was placing around one of the trees with a worker. Mustafa was talking, chuckling and working alongside men who were too low in class, money and fame than he was but yet... He was showing any signs of neither arrogance nor pride, instead genuine humbleness was beaming out of his gestures.
I haven't met any human being in my numerous missions this polite. Looking at him made me lose the track of time but I soon gained my consciousness when a familiar but manly voice addressed me.
" Miss Katrina... was it ? " I turned out quickly as I found Emir behind me. " May I ask what you're doing here ? " We were only few feet away from each other however this was the first time I saw him up close. He was indeed handsome; vanilla-like skin, emerald coloured suit but he had his coat on his right arm, his hair settled with gel with only one silky hair strand on one side came out, giving an elegant touch to his hair. A silver coloured watch on his right hand and thin, iron, rectangular, gold coloured spectacles infront of doe eyes, just like Nazli's.
" Nothing, actually. I just arrived and was about to go meet Nazli ! " I said with a large grin on my face while he just looked at me.
" She's upstairs with Hiranur. " He blankly informed.
" Oh thank you for telling. See you during the event. " I said as I walked away.
" Of course, it's my pleasure. You too. " Emir said as he also walked past outside to Mustafa.