The Evening Reunion

Musfirah

The sun started setting through the curtains, casting a soft glow across our cozy kitchen. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the sweet scent of the pastries I had just taken out of the oven. It was a simple evening, but there was something special about it. It had been half a year since the incident and with Mustafa's help, I was able to heal completely.

Mustafa came out of his room after changing from his office attire, his hair abit messy than earlier but exhaustion was clearly visible. As he entered, the sight of him brought a smile to my face.

“Good evening, mister CEO,” I teased, placing a pastry on a plate and sliding it toward him.

“Good evening,” he replied, his honey-like voice filled with affection, but a smile broke across his face as he reached for the pastry. “What’s this?”

“Just something I whipped up for us. I thought we could enjoy a nice snack together.”

He took a bite, his eyes lighting up with delight. “This is amazing! You’re getting better at this every day,” he complimented, his words warming my heart.

“Just trying to keep up with you,” I said, returning the smile. I poured him a cup of coffee and handed it to him, our fingers brushing lightly as he took it. The brief touch sent a pleasant shiver down my spine.

As we settled at the table, the sound of our soft laughter and gentle conversation filled the air. Mustafa shared stories from the office, his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm, while I listened intently, savoring every word. It have always been like this. Mustafa talks and I listen with full attention. After all, his attention towards me was also immense.

After a few moments, he leaned across the table, resting his chin on his hand. “You know, these moments with you are my favorite part of the day.”

I felt my cheeks flush with warmth. “Really? Even more than your work?”

He chuckled softly, shaking his head. “Definitely. It’s not about where I am but who I’m with.”

His sincerity melted my heart. I reached across the table and held his hand, feeling the warmth of his touch envelop me. “I feel the same way, Mustafa. Just being here with you makes everything better.”

For a moment, we sat in comfortable silence, gazing into each other’s eyes. It was one of those sweet, simple moments that felt like a lifetime, just two souls connected in the warmth of shared love and joy.

As the coffee break came to an end, I knew this would be a memory I cherished, a reminder that amidst the chaos of life, it was these little moments together that truly mattered.

- - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - • - - - - - •

Standing on the balcony, I gazed up at the night sky, where stars twinkled like distant dreams. It felt weird but amazing to reflect on how far Mustafa and I had come. Just a short while ago, I had entered his life with deceitful intentions, a mission to sabotage the man I thought I hated. Yet, here I was, enveloped in love and peace, cherishing every moment we shared. Our journey together had blossomed, not just in romance but in faith. Mustafa had gently guided me towards a deeper understanding of Islam, offering support that felt unwavering.

The night air was thick with anticipation, and as I turned, I found Mustafa seated nearby, his warm gaze inviting me into his world. He was so caring, always attentive to my needs, making me feel valued in ways I never thought possible.

“Musfirah,” he called softly, his voice breaking through my thoughts. “I have something for you.”

As he began to sing "Abhi Na Jaao Chhod Kar," his smooth voice floated through the cool air, wrapping around me like a comforting blanket. Although I couldn't understand Urdu, I could feel that each word carried a weight of affection, and I felt my cheeks flush with warmth.

How could someone so gentle hold my heart so completely?

“Look at you, all red!” he laughed, catching my embarrassment. “You should see your face,” he teased, a playful smile lighting up his features.

“Stop it!” I replied, unable to suppress my smile, feeling both flustered and overjoyed. His laughter, light and infectious, filled the space between us, creating a melody of its own.

As he finished the song, a serene silence enveloped us, each of us lost in the moment. I gazed into his eyes, feeling a profound sense of belonging. “Who would have thought, right?” I finally said, my voice soft. “I came into your life wanting to destroy you, and now I’m in love with the same man I once hated.”

His gaze softened as he took my hand, and I felt a rush of warmth spread through me. “We all have our pasts, Musfirah,” he replied. “What matters is how we choose to move forward.”

I let his words sink in, reflecting on my journey from a villain to someone who had found redemption through love. “I never imagined I could change this much. I was so bitter and filled with hate, yet love transformed me. Despite our different beginnings, we’ve created something beautiful together.”

He smiled, the kind of smile that made everything feel right in the world. “Our love isn’t about where we started; it’s about where we are now. And I wouldn’t want to walk this path with anyone else but you.”

Leaning into him, I felt the warmth of his presence envelop me, and I realized we had built a bridge over our pasts, leading to a future that sparkled with hope and promise.

“Let’s make this journey beautiful together,” I whispered, feeling a deep sense of gratitude for the man beside me. In that moment, beneath the vast, starry sky, we both understood that we were exactly where we were meant to be—together.

Upon reaching at this beautiful ending of mine, I realized that indeed, love and mercy can change human beings into someone nobody imagined them to become.

- - - - - • - - - - • - - - - • - - - - • - - - - • - - - - • - - - - •

The End.