A New Beginning

Innessa

( one night ago - before her flight )

My flight is in just few minutes and now, I have to live in Turkey with the people I despise the most with the most annoying personality..

' A geek? a clingy girl with the talent of designing and a weird obsession with mythical creatures ? Alexander doesn't belong in the agency, but he surely will in a mental hospital. ' I thought as I heard the door opening. It was Vasilisa. A girl who had been in the agency more longer than me, was a medic expert and was more clingy than anybody I knew.

" Going again ? But didn't you just came back from a mission from Italy just a day ago ? " Vasilisa asked as she laid down on the bed as I was styling my hair in a ponytail infront of my mirror.
" Dunno. Ask Alexander. "
" Ugh ! That old man has nobody else to call upon except you ? " She irritately complained.
" What about you ? You also came back from a mission three days ago and told me yesterday you were going on a mission next week. " I firmly asked.
" Yeah- well nevertheless Innessa... But but ! You know what happened in my last mission ? I-" She sat up on my bed quickly while placing a lock of her silky platinum blonde hair behind her ear with her fingers.
" Yeah yeah, you were an undercover nurse who cut up veins of a patient who was Alexander's another rival during their neurosurgery and made it seemed like an accident. " I completed her sentence.
" Oh wow ! You remember, huh? Well, what can I say, my words are just too flamaboyant like me. " She laughed out loud. " By the way, where are you going ? " she questioned as she stood up and walked up towards me.
" You know Mustafa Ubaid Afridi ? "
" Hm. "
" I am going Istanbul to get a job under his company then assassin him after down falling his company. "
" But.. He does not interact with women? "
" I know. I'll make him trust me. "
" Hmph! I am telling you before hand, it'll not work surely. " Vasilisa smirked and applied the red lipstick which was placed on the dressing table.
" We never know. But I gotta go. My flight is in twenty minutes. "
" Farewell darling. " Vasilisa was about to hug me when I sprayed perfume at her face and she almost screamed.
"Ugh! you'll make me blind one day. "
She said as I laughed.
" It's not that much, Lisa. Take care. " I finally chuckled alittle while she threw water from the bottle on her face and waved at me. Meanwhile, I dragged my suitcase, visa and passport. Vasilisa truly was maybe the only person who would make me truly smile. There weren't many people but my hobbies surely did amused me. Playing piano and harp but I guess they'll not be that necessary for this mission.
I had already sent them a mail about me coming tomorrow for an interview. I just want to get over with this lousy mission. Wanna know the reason why it's lousy? Because I am going to a Muslim country and have to live around Muslims til the end.

I may be a islamophobe however everything happens for a reason, doesn't it ?
During the first nineteen years of my life, I was never this negative as I am now. Instead, I was a normal Russian teenage girl who would live her life in the little world she lived with her mother, father and an elder brother. The reason why I am really good with harp and piano is because of my brother. He would used to sing a song, the one he wrote by himself and would play harp along with singing it. He was my only inspiration and maybe my only best friend. However one night, all of it ended. Few lives were lost but it changed my perspective.
We lived in Nizhny Novgorod, in more of a deserted area and distanced place from the active area but our house was still stable. We were having a serious financial crisis because my father was fired from his job as a banker in a private bank the same week.
We were having a fine evening. My parents were both cooking the dinner, helping each other and my brother and I were playing a board game when all of a sudden we heard a bang on the front door. A few men with face coverage came and were arguing with him on the doorstep when we heard them beating my father.
In just a few moments, the lively living room was turned into a bloody crime scene. I still remember my brother's blood spattering on my face when he stood Infront of me to defend me from a man. After completing it, they were about to kill me but didn't because they thought I had already died since I had blood all over me and I was pretending to be unconscious as well. The moment they left, I started examining the whole room while grieving. Taking a one last look at my parents and my brother, one by one before picking up my harp and running away. Of course I still have my harp, it is something precious...
Although I was 19, I was still a naive girl. I never had experienced the bitterness of this cruel reality.