Ch 4 | Warning

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

ᴄʟᴀʀᴀ |

I was livid. Jimin and his smug "Bikes aren’t for girls" comment kept replaying in my head. The audacity. As if he wasn’t practically begging me to prove him wrong. And I was going to, one way or another.

I strutted toward the study cubicles, mentally preparing myself to confront Taehyung. This place was Scarlett’s usual hideout after classes, the place where she got all serious with her books. Honestly, I couldn’t imagine a more boring spot in the entire school. Cubicles? Seriously? But that’s Scarlett—too focused for her own good. She thrived in this dullness, unlike me.

Anyway, I knew Taehyung would be hanging around here somewhere, probably playing the role of Prince Charming. He didn’t admit it outright, but he was always close by when Scarlett was here. And even though Scarlett wasn’t coming today—family drama, again—I knew he’d still show up. The run to the hospital last time was all because of her little brother acting up.

Scarlett didn’t give me all the details, though. Probably too embarrassed to tell her best friend about the mess at home. She’s always been that way, feeling like she has to take care of everything herself. Eldest daughter syndrome or whatever.

I felt a small sense of satisfaction, knowing I was right when I saw Taehyung walk out just as I approached. He was all princely elegance, as usual. I mean, come on, he wasn’t just handsome—he had that whole mysterious royal vibe going for him. Even now, with his hair slightly messy and his uniform looking like he walked straight out of some private magazine shoot, he had that effortless charm.

“Clara?” He raised a brow, looking at me like I had no business being near the study cubicles. Yeah, yeah, I know this isn’t my scene. I smirked, crossing my arms. “What? Surprised to see me?” He shrugged casually, but I saw the glint of curiosity in his eyes. “Didn’t think this was your kind of spot.”

I rolled my eyes. “It’s not. But I figured I’d check in.” I paused for effect. “Although, you seem a little out of place here, too. Not waiting for someone, are you?”

His face stayed neutral, but I knew better. There was the slightest flicker of something—maybe guilt, maybe nerves—just beneath that composed surface. “Not really,” he said smoothly, “just thought I’d… study.”

“Uh-huh, sure. And I’m here to study too,” I shot back sarcastically. “Scarlett’s not coming, you know.” That wiped the cool expression off his face. “She’s not?” I shook my head. “Nope. Family stuff.”

For a second, I saw genuine concern flash across his face before he quickly masked it. Typical Taehyung—too polite to admit he was here for her.

“Yeah, well, you’ll have to catch her later,” I teased. “But in the meantime… how about you teach me how to ride a bike?” He blinked, clearly caught off guard. “You want me to teach you… to ride a bike?” His tone was all disbelief, like he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. I nodded, keeping my face straight. “Yep.” Taehyung looked like he was trying to process this ridiculous request. “Why don’t you ask Jimin?” he asked, teasing me with that trademark Taehyung smirk.