Ch 12 | University

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

ᴄʟᴀʀᴀ |

It’s been months since the exams, and honestly, Scarlett and I had the time of our lives once they were over. We soaked up every minute of that well-deserved break, knowing this was probably our last real vacation before adulthood starts demanding things from us. It’s funny how we used to look forward to growing up, but now that it’s creeping up on us, all we want to do is cling to these carefree days.

We did everything we could to avoid thinking about what comes next. Pool days, shopping trips, spontaneous road trips—Scarlett and I owned the summer. It was like a reminder of what life was before responsibilities start stacking up, and we both knew it was the last stretch of freedom. Soon, we’ll have to deal with all the adult stuff, and neither of us is looking forward to it.

But of course, in the middle of all that fun, there was Jimin. That bastard. I miss him even though we’ve been closer than ever. The guy has this habit of sneaking into my room late at night, like he owns the place. We’ve spent more time together in the past few months.

The bet, I still haven’t forgotten about it. Yeah, it stings sometimes when I think about it, but when it comes to Jimin, I’ve learned to let it slide. It’s hard to hold a grudge when he keeps me so... satisfied every single time. Honestly, I can't get over how good he is in bed—always leaves me wanting more.

The way he knows exactly how to handle me, how he touches me, it’s like he was made for this. He’s so damn amazing, and it’s not just about sex—he knows how to make me feel everything. So, I let him off the hook more than I’d admit.

Then the results came out a few days ago. And guess who topped? Scarlett. Of course. She was absolutely over the moon when she saw it, and I can’t lie—I was so proud of her. She deserved it after all the crap she went through with Adam. As for the rest of us—me, Jimin, and Taehyung? We scored pretty well, somewhere between average and top. Just enough to get us into Golden Crown University, which is what really matters.

Scarlett, being the genius she is, will probably get a scholarship, which is perfect for her. She’s always been the hardworking one, and this is her ticket to a future she deserves. But Golden Crown has a reputation, and not a good one. The history of bullying there is no secret, and I know Scarlett’s been scared about it. But as long as I’m by her side, no one’s laying a finger on her. I’ll make sure of it.

I’m just glad Scarlett’s back to her old self. She’s over Adam, finally, and she’s actually enjoying her free time. I have to give a little credit to our very own Prince Charming, Kim Taehyung, for distracting her. Teaching her how to ride a bike was a smooth move, but he’s going to have to work a lot harder to gain Scarlett’s trust. After Adam, she doesn’t trust men easily, and I don’t blame her. But if anyone can crack that wall, it’s probably Taehyung.