Ch 9 | Sweetheart

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

ᴄʟᴀʀᴀ |

I stared at the notes Scarlett sent me-neat, detailed, and organized, just like she always does. She's officially in full nerd mode with exams coming up. But lately, something's been off with her. Probably the stress of constantly coming in second place, always chasing the top spot. It drives Scarlett insane.

I sighed, lying on my stomach as my head started to droop over the books. I gasped, snapping back to reality just before I face-planted. With another sigh, my eyes landed on my phone next to the pile of books. Just five minutes. I deserve a break.

I grabbed my phone and opened Instagram, scrolling mindlessly. Before I knew it, my fingers had a mind of their own, typing in Jimin's username. I rolled my eyes as his profile popped up, but then froze. Follow back? When the hell did Jimin start following me?

Curiosity got the better of me, and I scrolled through his posts. The most recent one? That damn shirtless pic of him, proudly displaying the hickey I gave him. Shamelessly, I zoomed in on his abs, my mind wandering back to the feel of them beneath my fingertips. God, that felt-

"Do you want to see them again?" a voice whispered in my ear.

My phone fell out of my hand and onto the bed as I nearly jumped out of my skin. My heart raced, and I whipped around, eyes wide as I spotted Jimin sitting on the edge of my bed, bursting into laughter.

I shoved his shoulder hard. "What the hell are you doing here?" I glanced around quickly. The door was locked, so how did he even get in? My eyes darted to the balcony door, which was half-open. I glared at him. "Don't tell me-"

Jimin finally stopped laughing, lying back on the bed and looking at me with that infuriating smirk. "You were stalking me, wifey?" My blood boiled. "Stop calling me that," I hissed, keeping my voice low.

He rolled over, propping himself up on one elbow with that stupid grin still on his face. "I'm going to keep calling you that because that's who you are to me."

I shoved him again, straddling his waist to pin him down. His smirk widened. "Woah, woah, calm down, wifey. I know you're desperate-" "I'm never going to marry you, Jimin," I said, my voice steady and full of confidence.

The room went quiet, and for a second, his gaze softened, but then that mocking chuckle escaped his lips. "You will," he said simply, his eyes locked onto mine with that same cocky confidence.

I let out a frustrated sigh. I wasn't in the mood for this back-and-forth right now. "Whatever. Just tell me why you broke into my room like a goddamn thief."

Before I could blink, Jimin grabbed my waist, pulling me down so I collapsed on top of him. His arms wrapped around me, locking me in place as my head landed against the crook of his neck. I inhaled his scent, that stupid addictive scent of his, and felt myself relax despite my better judgment.