Ch 8 | Roses

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

ᴄʟᴀʀᴀ |

I leaned back against my bike, fingers drumming lightly on the handlebars as I waited for Scarlett. The leather jacket clung to my curves, hugging me in all the right places, my boots scuffed from countless rides, and the helmet resting on my lap made me feel powerful. A rider, in every sense. I smirked, glancing to the side where Taehyung sat patiently on his own sleek, black motorcycle, looking every bit like the royal he was, even in biker gear.

Scarlett was taking her sweet time, and my mind wandered back to the field trip. Something had definitely happened between Scarlett and Taehyung. I wasn’t stupid; the way Scarlett had been avoiding him lately made that clear. But what could Taehyung have done? He was the biggest green flag in the Unholy Trinity—no scandals, no drama, just pure loyalty and respect. Unlike Jimin’s constant chaos or Jungkook’s unpredictable danger, Taehyung was the only one I could confidently say was always in control.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. Today wasn’t about unraveling Scarlett’s secrets. Today was about racing—and winning. Jimin was going down, no question about it. I’d trained for this. Taehyung had taught me everything he knew, and I’d spent hours practicing on every type of terrain imaginable. The thought of Jimin’s cocky face when I crossed the finish line ahead of him made me grin.

My father had been a little surprised when I announced I wanted to buy a bike. Of course, he agreed in the end—he always did, especially when I promised I’d stop throwing tantrums and actually start looking for a "suitable" suitor, as my family put it. The bike had been mine the very next day.

I glanced at my phone, seeing the message from Mingyu, Scarlett’s little brother. He was all too familiar with his sister’s over-the-top study habits. “Clara Noona, you’ve got to take Noona out. She’s literally got nosebleeds from studying too much. Distract her. Please.” I sighed, shaking my head. Typical Scarlett—nerdy to the core. But I wasn’t about to let my best friend collapse from stress.

After receiving that message, I called out Taehyung, and of course, he agreed to pick up Scarlett. He answered on the first ring. I had to call Taehyung because I still can’t handle a passenger confidently, and with exams around the corner, I can’t risk it. Plus, I wanted to see how those two act around each other.

Scarlett finally stepped out of her house, and Mingyu followed close behind. My eyes widened when I saw Scarlett’s surprised but impressed expression. "You look amazing," she said, her eyes trailing over my biker outfit. My confidence soared even higher. I loved hearing that from her.

"Thanks," I smirked, then watched as Mingyu approached Taehyung with a cheeky grin. "Your Highness," Mingyu said, bowing dramatically, to which Taehyung bowed back in the same dramatic way. I bit back a laugh, remembering that they must’ve met before at the hospital when Scarlett had rushed there because of Mingyu.