Ch 5 | Ring

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

ᴄʟᴀʀᴀ |

The party was in full swing, and I was already working the room like a pro. The grand hall was filled with laughter, chatter, and the sound of clinking glasses, all of it drowning in the luxurious vibe I’d set. Every corner of the room was a reflection of me. The towering red velvet cake, draped in edible gold, was almost as stunning as my dress. Almost.

I moved through the crowd effortlessly, a glass of drink in hand, smiling at the guests, accepting compliments with a sly grin. They couldn't stop staring, and I loved it. My dress was a showstopper — a deep crimson, almost as red as the cake, with a sleek, figure-hugging bodice that flared out into a dramatic skirt. The slit up the side showed just enough leg to keep their eyes on me but left plenty to their imagination. My hair was pinned up in loose waves, cascading down my back, and my makeup was sharp — bold eyeliner, highlighter that could blind, and dark red lips that made every smile look just a little wicked.

As I made my rounds, I could feel eyes on me, not just from the people I was talking to, but from across the room. I knew the effect I had. People came up to greet me — friends, family, even those who weren’t really close but just wanted to be seen with me tonight. I smiled politely, but in my head, I was already a few steps ahead, sizing everyone up, noting who was here for me and who was just here to be part of the spectacle.

The lights dimmed slightly, casting a warm glow over the hall, making the gold accents shimmer like I was in a damn royal palace. The chandeliers above me twinkled, reflecting off the champagne glasses. Everywhere I looked, people were dressed to impress, but none of them could hold a candle to me. This was my night, and they all knew it.

The party was hitting its stride, and I was ruling it. The hall was packed, the music was right, and I was in my element. Every little detail screamed luxury—from the shimmering chandeliers to the towering red velvet cake covered in gold. This was my night, and no one was going to outshine me.

The guests were still arriving, but one name kept circling in my mind: Scarlett. Adam was already here, grinning like the fool he was, but Scarlett hadn’t shown up yet. I was starting to feel a sliver of annoyance. Where was she? Before I could dwell on it, a voice broke through the noise. "Who are you waiting for? Jimin, perhaps?"

I rolled my eyes, already knowing who it was before I even turned around. "Oh, please, Taehyung," I said, spinning to face him. “As if Jimin could make me wait.” I smirked. I hadn’t invited him, after all, and that was a deliberate choice. Taehyung was all dressed up, naturally. His tux was sharp, and the way his princely demeanor contrasted with his teasing smile could make anyone swoon. Not me, though. I was immune.

Jungkook appeared next to him, as composed and unreadable as ever, his presence demanding attention even though he barely said a word. He wished me a simple "Happy birthday," nodding his head before his eyes scanned the crowd. His quiet confidence always made people nervous, but not me. “Thanks, Jungkook,” I said, raising my glass.