11.

Luke

After being spotted with Michael again on Saturday with Calum, my following list on twitter went from a couple hundred to over 2,000 in the space of 2 days.

All my mentions and DM's were of people asking if I was dating Michael or not. They really wanted that confirmation.

I asked Michael on Sunday if I should just come out with it but he said not to because he didn't want me receiving hate from his fans which was fair enough.

Monday morning had a lot quicker than I wanted but there wasn't much I could do.

I got dressed in my usual attire and went downstairs to have breakfast with my mum. She was running late for a meeting so we didn't have time to speak as we usually did.

I finished up my cereal and left my house to see Calum was already waiting for me on my porch.

"Hey Cal, you ready for school?"

Calum looked up from his phone with a sad look on his face.

"Yeah, sure," he mumbled quietly as he stood up and made his way to my car. I did the same and started driving our way to school.

Calum was quiet, way too quiet and I think I knew what the problem was.

"Did it happen again last night?" I asked quietly, he nodded and kept his gaze outside of the window.

"He came home at 2am, drunk off his ass and started yelling his head off for no apparent reason then him and mum got into another heated argument. This is the 2nd day in a row he's done this," he sighed.

"Did he hit her again?" I asked softly.

He shook his head, "That's only happened a few times before when he gets really mad."

Calum's dad had a drinking problem that developed when his company almost went bankrupt a few years back and he would occasionally get physical with him and his mum. He's tried getting better but he's obviously went and relapsed again.

"Wanna stay at my place today? Just to get your mind off of things?" I offered.

He smiled a little and nodded. "That would be great.. Thank you."

"No problem," I smiled as I parked up once we arrived at school.

"Does Ashton know about your dad?" I asked.

"No. I don't want him to know either. He'll think I'm weird then dump me. I can deal with this, I've been dealing with it for years now," he muttered

I nodded instead of trying to push him so we both got out of the car and made our way into school.

The hallways were still pretty busy and when Cal and I walked in, all eyes were trained on us.

"See I told you he was the one dating Michael, why didn't you believe me," a couple of year 7's mumbled

"Why would Michael even date him? He's just some random guy," a girl in my history class said, loud enough for me to hear.

Once Calum and I went to our locker, we were greeted with Ashton and Sapphire.

"So, enjoying all of the attention on you?" Ashton chuckled as the stares continued.

"Not at all, it's awkward and horrible," I said as I opened up my locker.

Calum went to give Ashton and Sapphire before keeping his arm wrapped around Ashton's waist.

"I still can't believe you're dating him. My best friend since kindergarten and my idol are dating! What that actual fuck!" Sapphire squealed.