Un País y Un Estado

Venezuela loved her states; she truly did, but why must they be so stubborn? They seemed determined to drive her insane at every given opportunity.

"Are you alright, Mama?" Carabobo, the eldest of Venezuela's states, asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just wondering how your siblings got so stubborn." Venezuela asked, giving him a small smile. Carabobo snorted in amusement.

"When there's so many of us, there's bound to be constant arguments." he said, "But if you want, I can tell them that they're giving you a headache and should cut it out."

"Thank you, Carabobo, but I will be fine. The sooner they work out this issue, the less they will fight over it. And besides, it has not gotten that far. They've barely started yelling at each other." Venezuela said. Carabobo rolled his eyes.

"If you say so," he said, sitting down beside Venezuela and resting his head on her shoulder. Venezuela smiled, wrapping an arm around her son.

"I'm so lucky to have you kids, you know?" Venezuela said. Carabobo laughed.

"You tell us that all the time, Mama," he said. Venezuela pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"And I'll tell you it over and over again to make sure you don't forget," she said, brushing some of Carabobo's hair off his forehead. The state groaned but didn't make any effort to move. "I love you, Carabobo."

"I love you too, Mama."