Treinta y Tres Orientales

Prompt: Uruguay

Treinta y Tres Orientales was going to be recognized as an independent country. She wasn't going to be signing the treaty, but she was going to be recognized as an independent country.

It was nerve-wracking.

Treinta y Tres Orientales wanted to be there to watch the treaty get signed. She wanted to be there to look Brazil in the eyes and show him that she existed and could be an independent country, that she would be an independent country.

But fate did not work in her favor. She was not permitted to attend the signing and had to wait for Río de la Plata to sign it instead.

That was a few months ago, back in August. Now, it was the late hours of October third, and the next day, she was supposed to become independent. Treinta y Tres Orientales couldn't sleep as she was too excited.

Originally, she had thought she was going to become one of Río de la Plata's provinces, but thanks to Britain's diplomatic negotiations, she was actually going to become a nation.

She could hardly believe it. It was just so amazing.

Her rebellion worked, her plan to get Río de la Plata's help worked, and now she was no longer a Brazilian province, no longer Cisplatine, but Treinta y Tres Orientales!

She needed a new name.

Treinta y Tres Orientales was who she was, the name of the people who got her her independence, but it was not the name of a country. When the dawn broke and she became her own country, it would be time for a new name, a name to mark the country she would become.

She was so excited.